Photos of my builds in Charlotte

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatizname

Here are some photos of the cars I have built and still own:

Attachments

• ebay 2 22 024.jpg
    ebay 2 22 024.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Brake book photos 066.jpg
    Brake book photos 066.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 34 Ford Pickup Finshed 029.jpg
    34 Ford Pickup Finshed 029.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Ford F100.jpg
    Ford F100.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 49
Nice rides you got there Curt...there are a few site members from NC but not sure about the Charlotte area. You are a talented builder and could probably give us some good advice on the various sections of the site. Hope you will enjoy being a member of RRR.
Welcome...
Fuzz

More details on coupe and truck

Thanks for the positive comments. I am excited at the opportunity to help out where I can. The coupe was a dirt track car that I rescued after 30 years in the woods. To say the least I like a challenge. It is set up with a 327 chevy roller motor and a muncie 4 speed going through a 9 inch. The driving experience could be described as viceral - very rude and fast. The interior is aluminum panels and a narrowed mini van seat. The body is unchopped but angle channled 4 inches.

The truck was just some cast off pieces that I rebuilt. The frame was a scatch built from tube steel. Body was chopped 2 inches and channeled 6. The flat head is a 1952 with an isky cam and stock internals. It runs cools and the Strombergs leak just like they are supposed to!

More photos

Curt

Attachments

• AUCTION CARS 007.jpg
    AUCTION CARS 007.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 47
  • auction 008.jpg
    auction 008.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ebay 2 22 022.jpg
    ebay 2 22 022.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 42
  • receive file_0375.JPG
    receive file_0375.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 34 Ford Pickup Finshed 014.jpg
    34 Ford Pickup Finshed 014.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 53
I cut out about 8 inches from the rear of the bed - if you look at the curved impression line on the side panels, I just made the front match the back. I didn't cut the bed with a vertical cut, but rather cut half way down, then over 4 inches, and then down the rest of the way. I figured that this would give it some inherent strength. The bed floor is made up of some nasty corrigated steel that I found on top of a barn, but I got the real old style that is curvy rather than angular. I actually bolted the tin directly to the frame.

Mannnnn. ..... that coupe looks like it was a massive undertaking, turned out great

1934 Ford Coupe build

I actually have a blog where I show some details on how it was done. You can see it at:

http://so-car.blogspot.com/

The blog is actually from newest to oldest, so it will make more sense if you scroll to the bottom and work your way up.

The project may look hard, but its actually just an acculmulation of one small project after another. If you look at it in that perspective, it doesn't seem so big.

Nice Job!!! I am new here. . .just found the site. I am also in Charlotte. Are there any get togethers in the area that you know that rat rod folks go to? I see some occationally for rods in general, but I love the rat rods in particular.

Cheers!

Brian

Hey Brian,

I am working on locating people here in the charlotte area, so it would be great to hook up with you and talk shop. PM me when you get a chance.
Curt

Latest posts

Back