pics of my daily driver. hr holden

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie rat

hey guys got a new camera so thought id take a few pics of my daily,a bit of cheap fun adding to it all the time, ww tyres for the front are next.... enjoy

Attachments

• Trev's photos 066.jpg
    Trev's photos 066.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Trev's photos 070.jpg
    Trev's photos 070.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Trev's photos 068.jpg
    Trev's photos 068.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Trev's photos 073.jpg
    Trev's photos 073.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Trev's photos 077.jpg
    Trev's photos 077.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 135
and sum more

oh yeah and apart from engine rebuild and louvered visor all work done by myself. all new driveline,suspension, brakes etc etc lotsa parts from swapmeets at under $3500

Attachments

• Trev's photos 064.jpg
    Trev's photos 064.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Trev's photos 062.jpg
    Trev's photos 062.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Trev's photos 065.jpg
    Trev's photos 065.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Trev's photos 076.jpg
    Trev's photos 076.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Trev's photos 069.jpg
    Trev's photos 069.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 32
THAT IS PRIME!!! I'm going to have to come back later and look again. That is just outstanding. Do you have a better pic of that rear corner post art - that looks wicked.

Cool car.......but.....ahhhh.....someone put your steering wheel on the wrong side:D

Seriously, looks good. What kind of motor you running

thanx for the kind wordz guyz. yes it does have an engine holden 202 cuin blue 6cyl, 186 red head 10-1 pistons 20/60 cam electronic dizzy, 2 inch exhaust backed by a 2 spd powerglide. its an everyday driver so had to keep it mild with economy in mind oh yeah i forgot to post pics of her bum. i swaped the original premier letters around to read primer:cool:...... most dont even notice tho:confused:. lol

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 28
Cool Car and Penguin you know what!

Now thats cooler than penguin p.:D
i like it .very different:cool:
cheers Brett
:):)

No, that's a new one! Cooler than Penguin p***! I like it have to remember that one.

I like your car too Aussie Rat. Good job on it. You guys have some pretty cool cars down there. They kind of look like some of ours but just a little different. :cool:

As a Canadian I've often wondered why Holdens weren't exported to here. Good to see that roddin' is alive and well and living down under. More photos of Aussie rods would be great.

yes holden is gm in australia. i liken it more to the nova however we never got v8's or 2 doors till the next shape after this. :(the basic body was designed by an american in 65 and released as the hd or affectionately known as (hastily designed) us aussies fixed it up with the hr (hurily rectifed) in 66.:p i personaly own both models and see nothing wrong with the hd although im radicaly modifying my rare hd panelvan (hey im a rodder not a restorer so i say cut it up!).:D european vauxhalls closely follow the bodylines of this model. engines are all aussie but have heard some parts are interchangable with your chevs. here are some pics of my van firstly close to stock then havin a bit of fun at the nostalgia drags, but now undergoing major rebuild:cool:

Attachments

• Copy of trevor's car.JPG
    Copy of trevor's car.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 18
  • trev's bombo 1.JPG
    trev's bombo 1.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Pvr.jpg
    Pvr.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P.jpg
    P.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Pv.jpg
    Pv.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 19
white walls all round now

thanx for you words of encouragment guys. finaly got my whitewalls for the front, these things have a weird offset on the front so it took a bit of effort getting the right rims, the effort was worth it i think. :D:eek::);):cool:

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 10
2nd ever attempt at pinstripng

the beauty of primer is its so easy to work with. not entirly happy with my first ever attempt it was easy to simply redo. and if i stuff anything else up takes 5 mins to fix.... who needs shiny paint! lovin it!:cool:

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 7
It just keeps getting better! I am drawn to that car like a magnet. Wish I could see it in person. So much simple goodness in one package.

Latest posts

Back