Pilothouse rat truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love what you've done with the tank!

Thank you. It was very clean to begin with. It had some surface rust on the outside and was spotless on the inside. I am paranoid about rust or dirt anywhere near the fuel system. So I cleaned all the surface rust off and brushed on three coats of oil based Rustoleum black, then two coats of Rustoleum silver and then splattered on some red primer to simulate rust. I know.....that's fakin it, but I am NOT gonna have rust near the fuel system. If it's two systems that will be perfect on my truck it's the fuel and brake systems.

Thank you. It was very clean to begin with. It had some surface rust on the outside and was spotless on the inside. I am paranoid about rust or dirt anywhere near the fuel system. So I cleaned all the surface rust off and brushed on three coats of oil based Rustoleum black, then two coats of Rustoleum silver and then splattered on some red primer to simulate rust. I know.....that's fakin it, but I am NOT gonna have rust near the fuel system. If it's two systems that will be perfect on my truck it's the fuel and brake systems.

I totally understand that...

On my 64 C-10 I replace the tank, the fuel lines, the brake lines, and all the brakes...

Got a couple of things done today. Dusted off the welder and made me a front bumper. Then I welded up the shifter handle I am going to use. Progress is slow, but it's progress.

Attachments

• BUMPER.jpg
    BUMPER.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36
  • BUMPER1.jpg
    BUMPER1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 41
  • SHIFTER HANDLE.jpg
    SHIFTER HANDLE.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 42
Little more progress.....and a step backwards. lol. The story of my life. I figured out a cool way to do my parking brake. Cool, cheap and ratty. Some idiot cut the ends of the parking brake cables off, so I welded on some 1/4 nuts on the ends. Got the lever modified and discovered the brake cables were frozen up. At least new ones are cheap.

Attachments

• PARKING BRAKE.jpg
    PARKING BRAKE.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PARKING BRAKE1.jpg
    PARKING BRAKE1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back