Pinks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Last night the Speed Channel was running a Pinks All Out marathon.........they did at least 4 or 5 different race events in that time. I was never a big fan of the regular Pinks, too much drama and the negotiating for lengths bugs me, but Pinks All Out is pretty good by comparison.

One thing I noticed though is that the cars they always pick are for the most part door slammers as opposed to cars like altereds or hot rods. I saw quite a few coupes, Willys Gassers, Dragsters, etc in the time trials, but once they picked them all the cars end up being Novas, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. The only exception I saw was a 48 Austin, otherwise none at all.

Wonder if this is by design or if it just ends up this way? Maybe the cars they pick appeal to a larger audience or something. However, the best Pinks show I ever saw was when that little fenderless sedan was racing on the one episode. Just made me wonder what their selection process is.

Don

Don, from what I've seen of the show, they do qualifying and try to pick a group of cars that are within a few tenths of each other. The one show I saw the host was trying to get a 9.90 show, but they didn;t have enough cars in that range and ended up doing the show with 10.50 cars because they were a lot closer together time wise and had enough to cars to do the show.

About all the light I can shed
Ron

I alway thought it was silly, not to use the christmas tree. Especially for claims of "jumping". The show started out as the ordinary joe who wanted to run for pinks. The later shows, it seems, were shops that wanted to get their names out there,

The tree thing bugs me too. I know they are trying for the flavor of street racing, but a tree would eliminate a lot of the drama. Of course, what would Rich do for an hour if a tree replaced him waving his arms. :D:D
Don

BTW, did anyone see the episode where he jumps on that high performance bike and lays it down? Now that is good television.:D:D

don, i watched it too all day yesterday. yes ive seen him dump that bike. last week i got on the 2008 schedule to try to enter my malibu wagon in one of the shows. the closest one next year is norwalk ohio, which is a track i race at once a year anyway because theres an oldsmobile show there. well i digress. the tickets, 400 of them, went on sale dec 3rd. they sold out, all 400, in 12 MINUTES!. guess if i want to be on pinks all out ever i better enter for the 2012 schedule, lol. one thing i do notice is that BRACKET RACERS, of which i am a life long member, are the people that win these events. to win pinks all out you must be a leaver, and your car must be consistant, both of which we bracket bombers do best.

I saw that yesterday,
I like the "All Out" shows too. Less drama, good honest sportsmanship and good heads up racing.

I hope to take the truck to the dragstrip soon....:D

rustywrench, so you have to BUY a ticket to get your car in? I didn't know that. They were complaining on the show that of like maybe 400 people who register only 300 show up, so they don't have enough cars to put a class together.

Wonder if someone could just show up and get one of those unclaimed spots?

Don

The tree thing bugs me too. I know they are trying for the flavor of street racing, but a tree would eliminate a lot of the drama. Of course, what would Rich do for an hour if a tree replaced him waving his arms. :D:D
Don

BTW, did anyone see the episode where he jumps on that high performance bike and lays it down? Now that is good television.:D:D

I saw him lay that down.Boy he was lucky he didnt get any more messed up than he did.

this show has always made me scratch my head. if the guy didn't arm drop them it would just be another drag race. then the last run is a 2 out of 3. what kind of drag race is that? i mean, in the old match race days they at least got an hour or so to cool down. is it a drag race or a circle track race? the guy that won the vegas race, with the camaro races in my organization, the anra and is a nice guy. i was happy for him, but i drive a flathead bantam altered and i know i will never race in pinks all out.

Latest posts

Back