Pinto vs vega

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw one!

My ex-wife still has hers. It's a 76' with a V6, auto and air. My buddy's son is into Pintos. With a turbo on nitrous, it runs 10's.

I actually saw a Pinto on the road about 3-4 years ago... I was shocked!!! It wasn't doin' 10's though! :D:D:D

BoB

Hah.. I drove an 80 Pinto for several years in the late 80s. Wife bought it new in 1980, later we married, got a new 86 Turbo Coupe T-Bird and guess who drove the new car?

Yup.. me. I couldn't leave it stock for long. Lowered about 2-3" with cut springs and rear blocks, replaced the bumper rams and pulled them bumpers in, painted the front grill red to match the car, slapped on some full moons covers and had fun for years as a daily driver.

-Stephen

Have you seen the prices Vega bodies are bringing these days. :eek: I imagine Pintos aren't too cheap either. I'd love to have a Vega for a bracket car.

Don

I would take either one of them though. Almost bought a non-wagon pinto but got beat by about ten minutes on the deal. Kid that bought it totaled it about three days later, nice car with the V6 and mag wheels.

There is a mid 70s Pinto up the road from me that looks like new. He drives it every day,I cant even hear it as he drives by.
Tim

Those were the days

I have a '79 Buick Skyhawk - it is a Monza clone - all original, 231 Buick V6 runs pretty good. Needs paint.

I'll have to take a pic or two...

440shorty

Well heck I thought I was the only one that liked Pinto's. guess there kinda a cult car huh........

Some day I'm gona build a FE block Pinto wagon.:D

I loved my 351W powered Pinto :(
(yes these are pictures of a TV.. I have it on video but have no photos :p )

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

Monza's are getting up there too.
In 76', I had a 75' Chevy Monza with a 350/350. Funny, it came from the factory with 262 emblems which weren't available in California. The 262's couldn't pass Californias smog rules.

Sure was slow (16.17 quarter mile) but did an awesome burnout. Had to lift the motor to change spark plugs.

Latest posts

Back