planin a trip to cali whats is there to see?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodgirl

Hey guys Im gonna be in so cal ( westminster area )
I have a bunch of truck related stuff to see but just wonderin what elts is there to see and do down there?? head on on the 15 of feb be there for a mnth want to see as much as i can.
thanks for any help or ideas :)

RRGirl,
You'll be right by the coast & Huntington, Newport, Laguna Beaches & Dana Point are all beautiful & easy driving distance. Plus there's lots of stuff to do in LA like the Sunset Strip & Hollywood. Just don't get on the freeways close to rush... it's a real zoo!!!

BoB

We lived in So Cal for a while and one of the nice things is that there are so many things to do. You have the beaches, the attractions, the mountains, lots of great sightseeing like Hollywood, Sunset Strip, etc. and they are all within a couple of hours drive from each other.

You can also pop down to Mexico, but I think that is sort of dangerous these days. A month is fantastic, you will have a lot of time to do a lot...........but take lots of $$$$$$$$. Oh, and if you like Mexican food, you will find some of the real stuff there, as well as Chinese in China Town.

Don

If you google "Things to see and do in So California" there are a bunch of ideas. Here is one such site.

http://www.franandrowena.com/files/373274/Southern_California_Visitors_Guide.htm

Are you going to have a car to use while there? So Cal is one of those places that you absolutely need a car to get places. Everything is so spread out.

Don

ya when were whent to book the flights it was cheaper to go for that long and got killer seat sales on the two days.Dont have to pay for hotels or anything so its ok lol. An I wont have a rental car but there is one there i can use. There enuf people there that i know that wanna show me the sights but love to get more idea as to what to see and do.

If you time it right and are willing to head to Nor Cal, the Sacramento Autorama is the weekend after Valentines Day. My sweety got me tickets for it, it helps that we live in Sacramento. Definitely drive the PCH (hwy 1). Big Sur is awesome, as long as the Highway isnt washed out. Enjoy my state.

For all of it's problems, California is still a cool State. It can be 80 degrees in the low desert and you drive a half hour into the mountains and there will be snow there. I think it is especially a neat place for the young, so much to do.

If you have people there they can be your best guide of things to do and see.

Don

The people im staying with were the ones that I sould look for things to too LOL they knew the normal beach types stuff so thought id ask here.Good to get other ideas that some of my friends down there might not think of. I know they know all the diesel stuff that gos on ( yes into that too got a new dmax all done up lol)
And thank to some of you guys i got alot of the classsic truck stuff to go to yaa.
Seeing Im gonna be there for so long and my friends will be working for some of my trip down there i will need to find things to do without a guide :)
and thanks again guys all the ideas are great ! alot of stuff i never thought of :)

the NHRA Museum at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona is pretty great, last time i was there they had a whole area set up with Gale Bank's diesel race truck and a bunch of his engines, cool stuff. also an expo called 'Cars and Guitars'
with stuff owned by Billy Gibbons and Jimmie Vaughn, also pretty cool. once you're at the track you'll be about a 10 minute drive to the So-Cal Speed Shop. i didn't wanna go at first but they have a tour every day at 11am and i'm glad i did, everyone was real nice and the stuff they build is true hand built craftsmanship, and there's a lotta young guys workin there so it's good to see that as well.......every night we were there we found a different burger joint with an auto related get together, and there were a lotta breakfast get togethers as well...

check out this site..... http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

Well i made it here but the so called friends bailed on me so ( they say they lost there rental place but im not buying it was hrs before i was to leave to come down :( so a lady i know down here was nice enuf to let me stay at her place out in norco, only problem is I had planed for being close to beach malls and harbour freight( thats a must) being able to walk and bus it everywere, so trying to sort things out day by day till i can fuigure out what to do and how long to stay now might so home early but we will see how it all works out. just wanted to thank everyone for all there idea for stuff to do im hoping i can do at least some of them

Latest posts

Back