plasti dip

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcdimis

Has anyone here ever used plasti-dip on parts? I have seen a lot of people use it on wheels (youtube) but wondered if anyone here has used it. I have used it on some of my tools (quart can) but have found some onebay in the spray can. It looks cool but pricey if it doesn't last.

I used it to re-coat the wire looms that bolt behind the heads of early SBCs.It worked OK and seems to last. Hope this helps.

Blue

klink, its the same rubber stuff on the ends of your wrenches and pliers but it comes in a spray can. Basically spray on rubber.

Yep - a bunch of guys in the BMW Mini world plasti-dip all kinds of exterior parts. Somebody even did their entire car. It was done so heavily a few years ago that its a little taboo now and many are just plain against it - this is speaking about the Mini crowd. Most prefer to use vinyl as it holds up much better and IMO looks much better too.
Plasti-dip holds up rather well to the environment considering how easy it is to put on but I have never heard of anybody having it on (and not having to redo it) any longer than 2 years. This is a daily driver tho, a garaged weekend car? May last quite a bit longer?

I've only ever personally used it to test what vinyl may look like as if the surface is properly cleaned and prepared prior to dipping, you can just peal the crap off if you do not like the result.

Latest posts

Back