Please help me value this barn find.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Here he comes to save the day!
Yeah, I know, I'm doing it again.:eek:

V8-60 but its stuck.
Some rot at bottom of rear fenders.
Condition of floors inside cab is unkown.
It is complete even the little stuff.
Been in this mans garage for 45 years but put outside 5 years ago.
Clear title.

Whats the value of this 37 Ford truck?

Thanks. I think I gotta have it.:D

Attachments

• american idol apr 30 001 (Medium).jpg
    american idol apr 30 001 (Medium).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 34
  • american idol apr 30 003 (Medium).jpg
    american idol apr 30 003 (Medium).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 35
  • american idol apr 30 004 (Medium).jpg
    american idol apr 30 004 (Medium).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 25
  • american idol apr 30 013 (Medium).jpg
    american idol apr 30 013 (Medium).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 72
  • american idol apr 30 014 (Medium).jpg
    american idol apr 30 014 (Medium).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 58
hey

well from the looks of her she needs alot a tlc its kinda hard to put a price on her but what ever you pay/paid she is worth it id go atleast 4500 it looks to be in decent shape

Maddog,Mow the lawn first and check out all the lower section.If its a California truck you should be ok.I would say 2500.00.If its all there.If you buy it and decide not to use the motor.I would be interested in the V8-60.

I'd agree with 35Mastr more so on the price.
Around here (Minnesota) trucks like that get drug out of old farms and brought to swap meets all the time. Typically they tend to go around $3000- if they're complete and fairly solid.

Jay

It is a California truck used for farming before he got it.
I did buy it.:eek: Sorry, just couldnt help myself.

The motor and trans I dont think I want. Pretty sure I dont want it. No, defenitly dont want it. I cant keep everything, can I?:eek:

35 Master, I will be making a trip to fresno in a couple weeks, maybe we could meet there. Whats it worth to you?$$$$:D Trade?

A lot of folks seem to be looking for V-8 60's these days Maddog. Maybe you could sell that and keep the rest of the truck for a future project...........or just give the cab to me :D

Thats kind of my plan. I am atracted to the v8-60 like a moth to a light bulb, but thats true of too many things for me right now. I made the decision to sell the motor and trans (hopefully to 35 Master:D) and just park the truck for a while and see how things go. Future project.:eek: Another future project.

I bought the truck from a very nice 72 year old man. He has been trying to get this truck from his dad for 35 years. Just 8 months before his dad passed on in September 07, he asked for it one more time. His very old dad said " No son, I'm gonna fix it up after I feel better". That makes me smile. He loved this old truck.

I'm surprised a big truck has that little v860 in it. I kind of assumed they were only used in some cars because of the low HP. Does it have the distinctive round tube axle under it? If so, that in itself is worth some good money.

Don

your 37 ford

a guy in our local area in georgetown has a simular truck, believe a year younger(48) and had his priced as the way yours sits now at $6700 and after proper restoration it went up to $72000.

Latest posts

Back