Plymouth Slant 6 "Super 6"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodron

Drives the Batmobile... er... Ratmobile!
A friend of mine has an engine for sale and he offered it to me first. I always buy engines when I find a good deal, but I'm not familiar with this one. It is a 1979 slant 6 out of a Volare, but he says its called a "super 6." I'm not sure what this is. I haven't heard of this. He says it has a slightly higher hp rating and told me something about the rings.......(I wasn't paying much attention) Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this or knows anything about it? He only wants $100 for it, so I'm gonna pick it up Friday

The 2-barrel carburetor Super-Six has 10 more horsepower than the 1-barrel carburetor version. The 2-barrel carburetor and a 2.25" diameter (Same in the 1-barrel 225) exhaust pipe give the Super-Six improved breathing for better acceleration. A much larger air cleaner distinguishes the 2-barrel Super-Six from the 1-barrel version.

Click the below link. There's everything that a person would ever want to know about a 225 slant super 6, with pictures.

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/supersix/article.htm

Hotrodron $100 for a super six sounds like a good deal to me. I have thought for a long time about using a leaning tower of power in an early dodge truck or car. Finding an affordable dodge around here seems to be the hard part of the plan for me.

A friend of mine has a 74 valiant 4 door that he put a super six in because he said it wouldn't fit in his 62 valiant. I think we just wasn't trying hard enough.:D

For $100 go for it ron ! Not only are the slanters nearly indestructable but they have some great potential. Have seen a few in 20's & 30's MOPAR rods even one in a T.

I'm definately gonna grab it. Maybe it'll find its way into that 50 Chrysler I just got. At least until I finish playin around with that flat 6 thats in it

my friend had a slant 6 in his dodge dart.......offenhouser made some hop up parts for it....he had 1 two inch exhaust it sounded real mean

Latest posts

Back