poncho question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnite kid

i have a small block to put in a pontiac,will the sbc be lighter than the 8,is there a mounting kit and how do they handle with stock suspension

my poncho

when i picked up from junkyard,check out left front wheel.it came on there:Dhave a sbc and 350 trany 2 put in just wondering how stock suspension will work,also not familiar with poncho rear ends

Attachments

• jydg.jpg
    jydg.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
pics

will post more pics on the poncho,i took all kinds at the yard but the owner wont sell some

Attachments

• chevy11.jpg
    chevy11.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 13
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 16
  • l.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 5
I think the small block chevy will be just alittle bit lighter than the old strait 8, matbe 50 lbs but shouldn't be enought to make any difference in the handling or operation of the suspension. You'll be rebuilding all that stuff anyway. The rear in the old pontiacs were very strong and parts are still available, even gears, so figure you can use the rear prolly just rebuild the brakes. Nice find, will make a cool ride.:)

Buddy of mine many years ago owned a 50 Pontiac that he swapped a 57 Pontiac 347 into.............fit like it was made for it. So the sbc should be a piece of cake. Your original engine weighs like 650 lbs or thereabouts. You will be losing a bunch of weight and picking up lots more hp. Plus, you can go into any auto parts store and get almost everything for it.

Don

Latest posts

Back