Pookie Bros. Pro Street Ratt 46 Dodge-12V Cummins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooof-Glad that's over with.

As I previously mentioned, I put my 64 Fury back into daily driver status. This all went down as we were being hit with a heat wave.:mad:

I have been fighting an issue in the car with hot coolant temps, while sitting in N.Y.C. traffic which is never a good thing.....

Drain old coolant, flush radiator with hose. fill with new coolant.- Didnt help.

Changed thermostat, installed new 180* thermostat.- Didn't help.

Changed thermostat, installed a new 160* thermostat- thinking if I can get it to open sooner it would begin to cool sooner.- Didn't help.

Zip Tied an electric fan in front of AC condenser. -Helped somewhat. :eek:

Installed a new BeCool Radiator, Dual 1" cores, no trans cooler built in.
Installed a plate style trans fluid cooler with fan. Installed another new 180* thermostat and changed the thermostat housing as the stocker warped from being overtightened:rolleyes:
Had to remove AC compressor- stocker is locked up. Desperate to fix the engine cooling problem before I can worry about Pookie cooling.....:D

This seemed to help, but I was still uncomfortable watching the temp gauge.

Removed AC condenser, mounted Electric fan to Radiator. Seemed to be getting closer to happyville.:D

Changed mechanical fan to flex fan with different blades on it- Happyville.[cl

I have started to slowly ease back into working on the Pro Mod after work when I get home during the week. And I am still waiting on the Fabricated 9" from my buddy. He recently windowed his race bullet and I am sure he is up to his ears preparing another bullet capable of 6.20's @ 220mph so he can remain competitive in his class(Outlaw 10.5)

I really need to get the coal rolling here. POOKIE has been getting really antsy lately......:eek:

Spent the last 2 weekends helping POOKIE with his Peterbilt 379Ex.Hood.....

IMG_2447.jpg

Bare aluminumcab and nose...... Gonna get the Bidnis Black treatment.

Feels like I'm still holding the dang sander in my hands......:eek:

One thing Pookie learned while removing that 96 body was..........

it's freaking heavy. :mad: I have taken the cab off my 83 dodge full size truck numerous times by myself. This one I needed an assist. Kinda really threw into perspective my goals.

The plan is to chop the frame just before the bend in the framerail and weld on 2" x 3" rectangular tube (under cab) and attach the new 4 link backhalf with the fabricated 9", channel the cab over the engine and trans and driveshaft. :D Yes I typed that correctly. Along with an NHRA legal roll cage....the 12V, the twins, the big fuel, I have raw steel (not chromed) 6" mitercut stacks........ let's see what else the parts pile has to offer at Pookie's..........

The cab being used will be the 46 Dodge Cab pictured. This will be the wilder one of the 2......

Finally got a tracking number on the Fabricated rear- should be here by Friday.[cl

I also was informed we are waiting for a pallet with a tricked out 12V cylinder head strapped to it.:D:D

Pro Street has a floor to be grafted to the cab.

Floor
IMG_2491.jpg

Cab
IMG_2481.jpg

Got the rear and noticed the powdercoat was flaking off- It was out of the crate and fifteen minutes later I had started to strip the flaking powdercoat off....

IMG_2506.jpg

Cleaned housing to bare metal, wiped it down then primed it, then shot it with satin black. I grabbed POOKIE'S wheels that he gots from Frank Iaconnio, ex NHRA Pro Stock Champion. They fit perfectly:D Gonna have to jack them when POOKIE aint lookin:D

[dr
IMG_2511.jpg

Frank had these wheels on one of his old Pro Stockers....
IMG_2514.jpg

Dual Caliper set up:

IMG_2524.jpg

Final Coating applied:
IMG_2525.jpg

Can't wait now- got the rear finally and now we can proceed with the surgery.

Picked up the Fabbed 9" rear housing, Moser 40spline rifle drilled axles, Strange Dual Caliper brackets, and Strange Lightweight rotors for the paltry sum of $800.00....... I would have put more money into a less stronger Dana 70 so this deal was a no brainer in my eyes........ Axles are mint, no wear on the splines and no twist either....... I feel it was well worth the wait.[cl

Latest posts

Back