posi or open???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're lucky enuf to get one with the tag on it, the ratio will have the letters LS, or L between the numbers-such as 3:L50 or 3:LS50 (3:50 ratio)
if i remember correctly.....:rolleyes: i've been around a few ford 9" rears..most are open
i want to say if there's no tag, that you can spin the left wheel, while holding the pinion yoke solid, and if the right wheel spins in opposite direction it is open-if spins in same direction means posi/limited slip
if anyone knows more, feel free to correct me-i HAVE been wrong before:eek:

if you're lucky enuf to get one with the tag on it, the ratio will have the letters LS, or L between the numbers-such as 3:L50 or 3:LS50 (3:50 ratio)
if i remember correctly.....:rolleyes: i've been around a few ford 9" rears..most are open
i want to say if there's no tag, that you can spin the left wheel, while holding the pinion yoke solid, and if the right wheel spins in opposite direction it is open-if spins in same direction means posi/limited slip
if anyone knows more, feel free to correct me-i HAVE been wrong before:eek:
Thanks Preacher. I will give that a try.
Been searching on Google and havent found any exterior marking info other than the tags which you mentioned(which i dont have). I am only finding info on opening her up and idetifying the spools.
Thanks for for helping out.

I think HRPreacher called it. Thing is, if the tag is gone, there's a good chance the punkin's been opened anyhow.

hey i've got to correct myself on part of that....:eek:
if its a posi, when you hold the pinion and try to spin the left axle neither will turn (if they did spin the same direction when holding the pinion like i said earlier... then "park" would do ya no good:eek:....am i right, now or was i then?!or was i ever?!:confused:

Latest posts

Back