Possible first build....and questions...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyscustom

I have finally found something that has caught my eye here for a build...It is a 1935 Plymouth Slant back(from what was mentioned to me..but not sure of...). The frame and the original motor are still with the car(which is a plus for the numbers...). Was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it might be from '35. I have to get a hold of the guy later this week to see what he wants for a payment arrangement on the little jewel:)....And was also wondering if anyone knows of a transporter that can haul the car for me...for a reasonable price?

Attachments

• '35 Plymouth.png
    '35 Plymouth.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 35 Plymouth.png
    35 Plymouth.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Slantbacks are fairly rare compared to the more common humpbacks. Aside from the surface rust that one seems pretty solid and kinda complete.

You mention matching numbers, why is that important to you, are you going to restore it? If not, that makes no difference in the value whatsoever. As for a transporter, be very careful, some will promise the moon and stars and then you find out they are lousy once they get your money.

Look on the HAMB and search Transporters and you will find lots of reviews of car carriers. BenD is one that I have seen good reports about on there.

Don

You mention matching numbers, why is that important to you, are you going to restore it? If not, that makes no difference in the value whatsoever. As for a transporter, be very careful, some will promise the moon and stars and then you find out they are lousy once they get your money.
Don

Thanks Don...the only reason why I mentioned matching numbers was to research the vehicle back to see exactly which model it was...it is of no concern for me, because I am going to be swapping it out with a different drive line anyways. Have a friend that has a 'cuda and a GTX motor that they want to get rid of for a fair price:)

Where's the car located and where do you live?

I have a stock front axle for that car with juice brakes if you need it. Those old MOPARS have stout frames and good steel bodies... no wood. Good solid start if you have the time.

Where's the car located and where do you live?

I have a stock front axle for that car with juice brakes if you need it. Those old MOPARS have stout frames and good steel bodies... no wood. Good solid start if you have the time.

The car is in Kansas (won't know where until I call the guy tomorrow, of exactly where in Kansas), I am in Viroqua, WI here...I know it is a haul for a car..lol...but who hasn't traveled a distance for a good 'ole jewel from the past.

Do you have pics of that axle?..because I have not heard of juice brakes until now.

What's the Ford behind it? And the white pickup back in the trees?
The car has possibilities but truthfully it seems like a long ways to pay someone to haul a car in that condition. The ride could very well be more than the car is actually worth.

Nice looking car but I don't know if it's worth the trip. Having the numbers would be very helpful if you have to apply for a bonded title. I would have some kind of title in hand before starting any modifications.

Blue

No such things as "matching numbers" that far back... and it's a GM thing that started in the 60's... and MOPAR also used the serial numbers on both the body and the engine in the 60's...

Juice brakes=hydraulic brakes... many makes (like Ford) still used mechanical brakes in '35.

I would imagine you could find a similar car here in the upper midwest that could save you lots in transport costs... there are still lots out there.

Latest posts

Back