post your face

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess I'm a bit biased but the kids like it..Lol

Nah, no fingers pointed here. But i would like to hear an officers opinion of Rat Rods. You might be a little bias since you have the rust bug yourself, but as a "normal" traffic officer. Do they think their unsafe, and not road worthy and are just stuck with accepting them since they are mostly legal?

I think that most local officers and Dep's are a bit more "open minded" about the loud and rough looks... the State Troopers...not so much.... it's engrained into them with the training... or at least that's my opinion... I think that most officers see them as "hot rods" and don't really look at the "safety" aspect as much as the uniqueness of the build.... there are not really a ton of Rat rides running around here.... mostly muscle cars... Chevelles, camaros, mustangs, superbee's and other early muscle... that's why most of the officers I know don't know the difference from Hot rod and Rat rod... all in all, I think that as long as the driver of these type vehicles don't do crazy crap and draw negative attention to themselves, most of the cops are fine with them.... the State Troopers...well, they are another story... they sometimes get intense for intense sake.... kinda like to flex their muscles a bit more than the Dep's and the locals.....JMHO...

Yeah.... thought I'd look like this didn't you???

I had some pleasant half formed mental pictures of what everyone looked like....now that's all gone :eek:

take your pick... which did you think??? :eek:

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
  • CHIPS.jpg
    CHIPS.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CHUCK NORRIS.jpg
    CHUCK NORRIS.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 6
  • NYPD BLUE.jpg
    NYPD BLUE.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 14
Sarge, you don't look like I pictured. You are OK, heck fun even, the guy in the photo is one I would be worried to be stopped by in my Pontiac, which is another case of "judging a book by the cover" Thanx for showing us, and thank you for the work you do. Guess I can also admit "sainthood" does not describe my past either, present is much better, in more ways than one.

Funny you said that.... people tell me all the time

that I look intimidating.... I'm about the easiest going cop you'll ever meet... not that I don't take officer safety issues seriously, but I never thought of myself as being intimidating... I guess if you put me in my hat, and being 6-2 and not in too bad a shape for an old guy, I guess I could look intimidating.... And I ain't no saint either... I've done my share of crazy crap in the past.... if you'd have told my HS counselor that I was going to end up a cop, he would have laughed himself to death....LOL.... People can change... some for the better..so for the worse.... some never change..... my thoughts about my job, if you treat people with respect, you get it back.... even from the bad guys..... (90% of the time) ...:D what happens at work, stays at work... tomorrow is another day... and don't hold grudges or take it personal..[cl

......And a photo without sunglasses. I think I may have posted this in another thread right after I retired. It's a work photo. I'm the fellow in the middle. That's just over a ton and a half of weed in case you are wondering what's in the bags.

Latest posts

Back