postal jeep thoughts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatheadgary

i have been looking at the jeep threads and got this vision rolling around in my head. i was wondering what other people might think of this. please be kind of my drawing. i have never claimed to be an artist!! does anyone know if they're pre '73 ones too? i thought about using the flat fender type front end too. if someone could photoshop one to look like the drawing, that would be way cool.
postaljeep.jpg

I am in the middle of a postal jeep project. They are fun to work with. I am stretching the frame for more stability. Let your imagination run wild

Attachments

• jeep 006.jpg
    jeep 006.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 30
  • postal jeep 007.jpg
    postal jeep 007.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 31
  • postal jeep 001.jpg
    postal jeep 001.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 29
  • sidney 018.jpg
    sidney 018.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 28
  • sidney 020.jpg
    sidney 020.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 28
  • sidney 021.jpg
    sidney 021.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 32
This showed up at the Syracuse Nats this year and low -n-behold it is from right here in town. Kinda cool I thought.

Attachments

• 2011 street rod nats day 1 193.jpg
    2011 street rod nats day 1 193.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 2011 street rod nats day 1 197.jpg
    2011 street rod nats day 1 197.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 60
  • 2011 street rod nats day 1 194.jpg
    2011 street rod nats day 1 194.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 50
This showed up at the Syracuse Nats this year and low -n-behold it is from right here in town. Kinda cool I thought.
I liked it until I saw the mailbox. If that was a conventional air cleaner of some sort it would be just right. Just my opinion.

Come on RT...

I liked it until I saw the mailbox. If that was a conventional air cleaner of some sort it would be just right. Just my opinion.

Haven't you heard the term..."haulin the mail"....???..
when I was kid some of the racers around my town painted up the metal paper box that was mounted near the mail box and put it on the hood as a scoop.....it was the big deal them....then they started to make them out of plastic.....didn't hold up so well....:eek:

Ya, I thought it was a little over the top myself, then I met the guy that built it and turns out he lives about 5 miles from me and I had heard of him and some odd stories. After meeting him I know why I hadn't met him before.
I was more interested in the motor package as it is what I have planned for my 37.

Latest posts

Back