Power steering line

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep...braided line should do it.....

Might want to check any local tractor repair or truck repair or even sometimes napa has a machine that makes hydralic lines....can make it whatever length you want...just a thought....

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I am putting power steering in my V8Squareback project and have ran into some clearance issues with the hard lines. That's why I am thinking braided.I don't know what kind of pressure a Mustang II power steering unit runs.

V8.....power steering pressure on the high side can

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I am putting power steering in my V8Squareback project and have ran into some clearance issues with the hard lines. That's why I am thinking braided.I don't know what kind of pressure a Mustang II power steering unit runs.

run 1200 to 1500 lbs.....like at full lock....so you can't use whimp stuff...I'd try to have some made up if possible....you'll get the right type of hose and who knows...they might have some braided stuff that used on some of the truck tractors...like KW or Pete....

Braided lines

It doesn't have to be that heavy duty just made for power steering. Try your local race shop or summit for the blue stuff. It's braided cloth with steel belted center, I use it on my rock crawler with re-steer. Easy to cut and the fittings thread on like all the other Aroquip stuff, not expensive either.

Kurt

Latest posts

Back