power steering yes or no

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevroligon

Dunno if this is the right place for this BUT ordered TCI frame dunno if i should use ps or no ps? thinking no due to cleaner look and shouldnt be that hard to steer with a bad shoulder any advise?:confused:

It is truly up to you, but there are several factors I would take into consideration. What is the weight of the vehicle? How much in town driving? What size front tires? How much of a man are you? (just kidding on the last part)

For myself, I'm looking at an under 2k# vehicle, that is more of a cruiser than in town vehicle, with decently wide front tires. I'm going to forgo it to simplify the setup and make it look cleaner, especially since it's a fenderless front end.

car

that is a factor of vehicle weight and how bad you tore up the shoulder.

for a lighter car, no. if its a heavy car like a caddy, a 40 something fat fender or 50's to 70's model or heavy truck, then yes to power steering and power brakes (sorry B. E. D:)

also are ya running fenders & a hood or not running them?

that makes a difference on how clean you want the lines and visable parts of the rod.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
for a lighter car, no. if its a heavy car like a caddy, a 40 something fat fender or 50's to 70's model or heavy truck, then yes to power steering and power brakes (sorry B. E. D:)

I knew it was for a hot rod, that's why I said no. ;)

Big car would be a different story...

clueless

Blue Eyed Devil ''I knew it was for a hot rod, that's why I said no.''

oh, l see, your psychic:rolleyes:

seriously, l had no clue so l gave the generic answer, also forgot the rack and pinion option, too:eek:

l'd go with the R & P.

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back