Power Tour 2009

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440shorty

Well, in the last 5 weeks I thrashed on the wagon and made it to part of the latest Power Tour. The car ran great, got about 13 mpg, and did pretty good at Thunder Valley in Bristol, TN, with a 14.11 at 98 mph on P295/50R15 street tires (lousy 2.25 sixty foot times) and with a Holley 750 that has not been dialed in at all. Here's a link to a video of my second pass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTKaaUwG8YQ. I was not able to do the Long Haul because my daughter graduated from modeling school on Sunday, June 7, so my mom flew out from Chicagoland for that, then we drove the wagon out there on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, I drove from Naperville, IL to Dayton, OH where I joined the 'Tour, then followed it the next two days to Somerset, KY and Bristol, TN. Only issues were that the freon leaked out of the A/C so I had to recharge it (has since leaked down again) and it threw the alternator belt during the fourth pass at Bristol. On the good side, oil pressure stayed at 22 psi hot idling in gear with the A/C on, higher without A/C, 40 psi going down the road at 2000. Temp never went north of 195 degrees, and it went 1000 miles before using a quart of oil. I'm happy with it, but have lots of work to do.

I need to put the details of the build in my build thread, but haven't had the time yet.

440shorty

Anyone else go on the Power Tour this year?

I've always wanted to do the Power Tour or at least part of it but being in South Florida, it's kind of tough. I have to travel over a thousand miles each way just to get to the thing so it's difficult. Man that video was was great. Glad you got the wagon together and had a good time.

Glad you had a great time and thanks for giving that Mustang a thrashing. :D

ISore

Latest posts

Back