Priorities Gentleman

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You rock!! After 16 years in Alaska and bbqing with 10 feet of snoww around the deck, I can appreciate your pioneer spirit.
My daughter is in Coeur d'Alene and has been haveing some snowdays from school. Now we never had those in Alaska, those busses would run through bumper deep snow.

Cycle, We got about 18"s then 3"s tuesday and suposed to get another 4-6 wednesday evening into thursday and No dump truck running right now, looking for a Job and gonna start doing upholstery till I find a job.

Jim

From one dog to another, something really cool about your story. I get satisfaction overcoming during a difficult situation or an emergency. Gotta have a sense of humor like yours though.:D

Cycle, We got about 18"s then 3"s tuesday and suposed to get another 4-6 wednesday evening into thursday and No dump truck running right now, looking for a Job and gonna start doing upholstery till I find a job.

Jim

Ya lots more comin', Jim good upholsters are hard to find around here. You could probably do quite well.

In a tomb till june !

I knew it was gona happen,the city plowed the side streets while I was at work today.... Any got a bobcat or front loader ? Lol !!!

Attachments

• DSCF0588.JPG
    DSCF0588.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 15
I knew it was gona happen,the city plowed the side streets while I was at work today.... Any got a bobcat or front loader ? Lol !!!

That Geo will be there a while.

The alarm goes off yesterday at the usual 3:45am, wife gets into the shower and comments water pressure is a lot lower than usual. I get some cloths on and trudge out to the pump house to find that over two feet of snow in my front yard is melted and I see green grass and soggy ground. I wasn't quite all awake yet and was wondering why it was spring in my yard and winter in my drive way.

I got to the pump house to find a river flowing out. HMMM no water in the pump house so it must be the pipe from the pump to the pressure tank broken.
I shut off the breaker and notice the box was very warm so the pump must have been running for a long time.
I go to the house and have a cup or two of coffee leave a message at work that I wouldn't be in cause I just got a new swimming pool and was going to stay home and enjoy it.

Waited till 7 and went to the small town near me to get a spark plug for the snow blower so I could try to clear more snow, got five gal of gas in the can and went in to pay for the gas, just as the guy gives me my change the juice goes off. Guess I got gas just in time.

Called the well guy, said he'd be out in 4 or 5 hrs.
Ran the blower up and down the drive for a couple of hours, drive way is about 400ft. Then the neighbor comes over with his front loader and punches it wider than I ever could have. It is very heavy mostly frozen snow over 2ft thick.
The well guys show up and get to work, find the where the water is coming from, some pipe that goes some where in a direction that there is nothing to go to. HMMMMM. must have been something the original guy did years ago.

They start digging in rock and roots, this is going very slowly so I go get the neighbor to see if he could bring over his back hoe. He comes over digs a giant hole, finally finds the pipe going to the house down about 4ft and snags it breaking it (not his fault, thats the chance you take) well guy finds the mystery pipe caps it off and repairs the damaged pipe..got water to the house...good deal.
In the mean time while all this is going on I find that the freezer in the shed next to the pump house has died, probaly a week ago. Fortunatly its been cold and the 1/2 a hog and whole lamb were still frozen, some small pakagaes were soft but ok. Took what we could into the fridge freezer in the house and buried the rest in coolers in the snow. Now its about 13hsrs later. I get ready to take a nice hot shower and the neighbor to the west calls and tells me another neighbor is out of wood which is his only means of heat and he watched a tree fall just that moring, and found out Don had no wood about two hours later and could I help load up the tree he cut up and deliver it to the neighbor. Soooo.

After the neighbor with the bucket loader punches a hole about 150yds long it to a field to get to the wood we load two pick ups and unload. Another neighbor went to a near by wood shop and got a load of cedar mills ends and delivered them at the same time.

Finally got my shower around 8pm.
Ate dinner and went to bed realizing I am a very blessed man. All in all it was a good day.

When I lived near Pittsburgh I flew out of the Pittsburgh International Airport on business pretty often. One winter I parked my car next to a light pole and when I got back a week later my car was gone. I looked all over for it, and the guy who traveled with me said "where did you leave it?" I told him "right next to a light pole."

Suddenly we see this 10 foot pile of snow next to a light pole and both realized at the same time my car might be under it! :eek: So here we are in suits, digging into this pile of snow with attache' cases until we uncovered the drivers door. I got in, got it running and backed it out of the pile............it looked like the old VW commercial where the guy who drives the snow plow drives his bug out of this huge snow drift and goes to work. :D

Evidently, while we were away the snowplows kept pushing more and more snow on top of my car until it was buried. For miles down the road big chunks of snow kept blowing off of the car as we peered out of a small section of windshield we had cleaned off. :D

Right after that I moved to Florida.

Don

Latest posts

Back