Project 47 REO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtiestang

I got time this weekend to unload the cab and get a little work done on the Reo. Had a rats nest that filled the wiper area...filled my shop vac twice and 2 hours to clean
I cut about 7" off of the bottom of the cab...much needed improvement;)
I set it on a wood frame at about the ride hight I want and just to play set some wheels next to it for some mock up.

I was thinking my wheel base would be around 100" or under but it just look too short to me...

In these pics the wheel base is at 128....Do you think that is too long??
And feedback is welcome and encouraged[P

ReoFront1.jpg

Reoside1.jpg

With a 3 inch chop...

Reoside1chop3.jpg

Here is before cutting..

SANY0433.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! It looks like you're off to a nice start. :cool: :)

Don't feel bad about your wheelbase; it's not too long. Mine is at 130-7/16".

Just to give you an idea on the size of the cab ... I am 6 foot tall. Its funny to think this is a tractor cab...Its a Reo F-22 so I think that means it was a 22000 gvw truck lol..

SANY1375.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Robert.... Looks great.... 128 is long but looks proportional for the truck so I'd go with it!!!
Looks pretty tough with the slicks too.
When are you gonna buy the steel for the frame?

Your REO has a very cool looking and different cab, your proposed chop would look good too. My pickup build was on a 120" wheelbase, I think that's about the shortest you'd want to go, otherwise you might find you are jamming the engine into the firewall or the rear tires are too close to the cab, 128" should be fine.
Keep the pics comin'!

Attachments

• feb 07 10 rat 55 011 a.jpg
    feb 07 10 rat 55 011 a.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 120
I love the mock up you did!!! That 1st pic alone has to really get you motivated on the build. That is one good looking body style cab. Good luck with it...CR

looks like you've got off to a good start--keep at it, and you'll be on the road in no time...:D
if ya want to run a more traditional wheel, i'd take those old "shiney" ones off your hands....[dr:D:cool:

LOL... yeah the Anglia's pretty short at 91.5 inches. I need to measure the wheel base on the 33 truck Im building... Its really long... The suicide front end really pushes the wheel base out there.
Any Progress on yours.... other than "MOCK-UP":p

Any Progress on yours.... other than "MOCK-UP":p

I sat in it and made race car sounds.....do you count that?

I think I am going to go to home depot and get some 2x4s and build a frame outa wood first just to play with the zee cuts and all...see how it looks them build the real deal.

I may run by your shop again and look over some of the rods and measure a few things if you dont mind?

OK..I was removing the drip rails today because they were so dented up and I dont like the look anyway.. well I get to a spot that looked a little "funky" and noticed it was full of lead...much more then a seam should have (was near the roof seam) so I took some heat to it and found a little bit of a mess.... Not sure what the fools were thinking but I need to cut a little of the roof out to see what is hiding :rolleyes:

SANY1508.jpg

SANY1507.jpg

SANY1511.jpg

SANY1512.jpg

SANY1515.jpg

SANY1516.jpg

SANY1518.jpg

SANY1519.jpg

SANY1521.jpg

The cab doesnt look to bad, Robert... IVE SEEN AND FIXED MUCH MUCH WORSE, If you need some sheetmetal help, let me know....

The cab doesnt look to bad, Robert... IVE SEEN AND FIXED MUCH MUCH WORSE, If you need some sheetmetal help, let me know....
Yep, in the mid-west, we call that surface rust. ;) That's a solid cab overall. Gonna look cool too. My Olds is 125" WB stock, no big deal.

Latest posts

Back