Project A.D.D 25 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well gave sewing a try let's say I'm a much better welder but none the less I have seats now.

Old chars from the house have a new life
38.jpg

39.jpg

Also made some sort of bumper
40.jpg

Now the seats looked pretty good until I sat in them, guess the couch material is a little soft. They look like I upholstered the interior with some garbage bags haha, Oh well at least they work
42.jpg

43.jpg

Now I know who took my lawn chair cushions!!!!

Really, I had lawn chair cushions that looked exactly like those flowery things.... :eek:

Well seeing since Jan I've already got a little over a 100 miles on it already I'm pretty pumped for summer. Seeing as we are having a pretty mild winter so far even a could days in the +'s been great!

So far the shake down has been great just have a few issues to work out.

roadster.jpg

Well been rocking the roadster for a little while already got over 400 miles on it this year already but found the seating was crap. So I picked up a sewing machine and redid the interior of the roadster. Still have lots to learn but it is much more comfy that it was.

45.jpg

45.jpg

Well been rocking the roadster for a little while already got over 400 miles on it this year already but found the seating was crap. So I picked up a sewing machine and redid the interior of the roadster. Still have lots to learn but it is much more comfy that it was.

45.jpg

45.jpg

Wicked interior. I like!

Well got my 283 build and in so far loving it.

Attachments

• roadster.jpg
    roadster.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 42
Figured I post a few updates as I have been driving the wheels off the car lately. I got a nice tri-power setup for the car. I also finally finished my louver press and punched 164 louvers in the back.

Attachments

• IMG00101-20120520-1137.jpg
    IMG00101-20120520-1137.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG00103-20120520-1138.jpg
    IMG00103-20120520-1138.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG00163-20120709-2252.jpg
    IMG00163-20120709-2252.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 43
This is one sweet looking little car!:cool: Can't believe what you started with!:eek:

I have one question, though, and this is not the first car I've seen it on-WHAT IS UP with those huge tall rear coils and the ginormous rear kickup on the chassis?![S Doesn't seem like you'd need 12-14" of rear suspension travel?[S

Why does everybody do this? is it a carryover from those gigantic "bridge notches" that the mini-truck dudes build?[S

Love the swoopy curves on those front framerails that is pure genius!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Yeah not a big fan either but in reality there coils from a Malibu sedan the pigtail type couldn't cut them down really. Why did I use them? it's what I had in my junk pile along with lots of other stuff I used to build the car. My next build I'm going to try some coil over shocks and try for a lower kick up in the rear.

This is one sweet looking little car!:cool: Can't believe what you started with!:eek:

I have one question, though, and this is not the first car I've seen it on-WHAT IS UP with those huge tall rear coils and the ginormous rear kickup on the chassis?![S Doesn't seem like you'd need 12-14" of rear suspension travel?[S

Why does everybody do this? is it a carryover from those gigantic "bridge notches" that the mini-truck dudes build?[S

Love the swoopy curves on those front framerails that is pure genius!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Yeah I build the frame about a year ago and never set out and finished it it's kinda ghetto but works really well. I used a 10t porta ram and got an air over hydraulic from HF. Welded a bunch of scrap together and tada. Pictures a crap but you kinda get the idea.

Lookin good! I like the louvers, you made your own setup?

Attachments

• IMG00155-20120707-1435.jpg
    IMG00155-20120707-1435.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG00156-20120707-1436.jpg
    IMG00156-20120707-1436.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back