Proof

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
[cl well here it is guys!!! i heard someone say that there was no fenderless truckBack When, in the traditonal hot rod scene! wel this photo was took in 1965!!!!! so when they say there werent around, now this is proof!!! at this dragstrip!, i got thezse picture on here fromsome elses post awhile back , and i was going thru them and found this!!!!

Attachments

• 1965truck racer.jpg
    1965truck racer.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 100
  • dragstrip1965.jpg
    dragstrip1965.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 71
It's ridiculous to suggest there weren't all types of fenderless vehicles back in the day. One of the very first things rodders did back then was to take the fenders off to ditch weight.

Beercan

Absolutely right, the "experts" who say these types of cars didn't exist are mostly wannabees who weren't even around then.

I once saw, in about 1963, a cool little rod a guy built out of a 1950-ish Willys Jeep pickup truck. It was fenderless, channeled, and he cut the top off to make a roadster pickup out of it. I also saw what is now called a Bobber or Rudy truck sitting outside an indoor carshow in North Carolina way back when, and it had a bigger crowd around it than some of the "finished" cars inside.

Thanks for posting those pictures, but some expert will say it was photoshopped because those NEVER existed back then. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Don

[cl well here it is guys!!! i heard someone say that there was no fenderless truckBack When, in the traditonal hot rod scene! wel this photo was took in 1965!!!!! so when they say there werent around, now this is proof!!! at this dragstrip!, i got thezse picture on here fromsome elses post awhile back , and i was going thru them and found this!!!!

Well, I guess mine was imaginary. I built this one in 1954 and I swear I drove it until entering the Army in late 1955. :)

Attachments

• 32puext.jpg
    32puext.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 48
I think the deal is about 1935 and newer trucks. Somehow a line has been drawn in the sand that those newer trucks were not run fenderless. Obviously that is not true. I do believe it was not commonly done as were the earlier trucks.

imnezrider, If you built yours in 1954, you must be in my age bracket. A special welcome to you. Nice truck you built back then. Got more pics?

Got more pics?

Sorry, this is all I have, but I was really proud of it...took me forever. Of course, now I wish I had taken more pictures. Thanks for the welcome. Yep I guess we're both "seniors", huh? Hahahaha

Attachments

• 32puint.jpg
    32puint.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 13
i believe it was chipper who was told his truck didnt fit at viva vagus!

cause it was not traditional maybe wrong about who it was! but i know someone was denied access over this issue! and as far as tradional, 19 49 truck or car wasnt a hot rod till the late 50.s early 60 in most cases cause alot of them was still the family ride! but who care RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG!!!!!

fenderless

These rules are getting to be too much, instead of what was and what was not, how about year groups 20's 30's ect. let the people going to the shows pick what they want to look at, a smokey and the bandit trans am is not my style but it maybe yours, thats cool, the duke boys charger is cool but im not going to drool over it, you might, to each his own, if you dont want to look just move on, and let someone else look. at my house everyboby is welcome, it don't matter what you drive, or how you dress, or what tats you have. just my $ .02

Words of wisdom, Lowandraty! Too much whinning about what is correct and what isn't. If you want to be 100% correct then probably none of our cars and trucks are in that category, because surely there's something on there that isn't "traditional" on EVERYONES!!!!...CR

I remember as a kid seeing a (rat rod) truck in the front parking lot of a local bar room once. It was bright orange, no fenders, no hood, no bumpers, I am not even sure if it had a box on the back or not(beer keg gas tank tho). It looked like someone wanted a street rod/hot rod but couldnt find (or afford) a coupe or a roadster; so they made due with what they had. It was pretty low if I remember right. I would say the it was late 1960's to maybe early 1970's. I think the Vietnam War was still in full force. I was really young, it made quiet an impression on me to still remember that truck so many years later. Wish I had gotten a picture of it.

Latest posts

Back