Question from a Noob

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HALLnRODZ

OK Guys n Gals, I would like someone to provide me with a few measurements if they could please, it's to help my homemade 40 pick up along. What I would like is the length of a 40-46 Ford truck cab, from the front mount to the back wall. Also from the A pillar, say at the height of the swage to the back wall of the cab. Also if someone has a pic of where the front mount bolts to the chassis, that would be greatly appreciated.
For me to put my project pics up, is there a profile area, or do I just start a thread on just my cars?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

build thread

l'd say do a build thread with lots of pics, we are a visual bunch and that will help us answer the ??? you have.

Later :cool:

See if this helps

The Ford cabs I believe are 39-41 are different than the 42-47's. they are called "The War Years" and were the same. I have built a few so if it helps the dimensions are firewall to back of cab is approx 56". from the lower lip of the windshield to inside of the back of the cab is 40". the front cab mount hole is just inside of the door opening, the back mount is about 3" forward of the back of the cab.
if you look up in the build section you can find "MY Build" under DougnDog and their are pictures of the bottom of the cab that might help you....

Good luck Doug

Latest posts

Back