question???????????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils reject

got a 1998 mustang total from work........ front end is good has anyone here ever done a front suspension swap with one of these cars? by the way it would be to a 50 ford

thanks in advance for any help or advice

P1012208.jpg

??

gonna take this as a no? no one knows? or no one has an opinion? i know im new here but dam, someone at least tell me its a bad idea!!!

DR, being new here is not a disadvantage. If any members reading your thread had experience in what you are asking, they would jump right in and help you out with an answer.
I'm assuming the Mustang has a strut front end. If so, I've never seen that design used in a hot rod. There are probably good reasons for that.

Good luck on your project and keep us in the loop.

The Mustang II is a tried and true system. I haven't heard of anyone using a Mustang suspension like the one you're talking about, but I suppose anything can be done if you try hard enough. By why waste money and time on something that may not work. I'm sure no one got on here because they haven't done this swap or know anybody who has. Good luck with whatever you do!.:D.......CR

The top joint on the McPherson strut is just below the hood on the Mustang, nothing substantial up there on the old Ford to tie it in to. Could be done, but it would be some kinda ugly!

Latest posts

Back