Quick Fuel Additive ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetondodge

Hello all, I was wondering if I could get your opinion on running fuel additives..I have been using Sea Foam occasionally for about the past ten years in my vehicles, More recently I have been using it maybe every 5-10k miles in my 06 chevy.

I am curious of what you use and why, or if you do not use a fuel additive - why not?

Also, I am mainly asking for modern vehicles/daily drivers, but all opinions are welcome!

Thank you in advance,

OTD

Last edited:
I used SeaFoam in my 23 T, mainly to clean out carbon, it ran a little rich. I have also run Marvel Mystery Oil in my daily drivers. I have no idea if any of them do any good, but I figure with the lousy gas anything you can do is helpful. I just took my Cadillac daily driver to the dealer for a tune up and they put some fuel additive in it, so I guess they believe it does something to keep the injectors clean.

Don

dunno if you guys have it everywhere but here theres a brand "Lucas" they make treatments of all kinds, oil, fuel, etc and it actually seems like pretty good stuff, that marvel mystery oil is supposed to be pretty good as well.

dunno if you guys have it everywhere but here theres a brand "Lucas" they make treatments of all kinds, oil, fuel, etc and it actually seems like pretty good stuff, that marvel mystery oil is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Never used Lucas Fuel Additive. But I will swear buy their oil additives, used to used 10w90 in my axles with about 200ml of lucas with a detroit locker. I could really tell the difference between with and without as without the Lucas added it seems to wratchet and lock alot harder then without it. With the Lucas added it was alot softer of a lock and I didnt get too much feed back from it at all.

I use a gas stabilzer called PIR-g. Helps to keep an engine clean on the inside, and keeps fuel from getting old and stale. I run it in everything I own with a sparkplug. My outboard motor gets run 2 weeks each year, and starts right up using last year's gas with PIR in it.
I also use SeaFoam in the oil before an oilchange to soften sludge.
The best results I have had are from AutoRx which is a slow varnish softener. Pricey but effective.
I tend to stay away from Lucas stuff base solely on the experiment done on Bobistheoilguy.com. Basically it showed that the oil additive didnt mix well with oil and caused foaming. If there is foam there is no oil, and if no oil, no lubrication.

Additives.

I work in sales for an auto parts company selling to garages and commercial fleets. We sell almost every product mentioned. All of them are excellent and have different purposes. Many "check engine lights" are caused by a build up of carbon on the sensors. For day to day driving, Marvel Mystery Oil is an excellent carbon disolver and cleaner. I have used it for years. I have had engine lights on and added it to my fuel and the light goes of after a mile or two. Plus, it is much less expensive. We all have a preference and that is mine.

I work in sales for an auto parts company selling to garages and commercial fleets. We sell almost every product mentioned. All of them are excellent and have different purposes. Many "check engine lights" are caused by a build up of carbon on the sensors. For day to day driving, Marvel Mystery Oil is an excellent carbon disolver and cleaner. I have used it for years. I have had engine lights on and added it to my fuel and the light goes of after a mile or two. Plus, it is much less expensive. We all have a preference and that is mine.

always good to hear from someone with the inside scoop. [P

Old school trick. A quart of auto tranny fluid in the gas tank. You will feel the difference in 5 miles. Put one in every time you notice a drop in gas millage. Works great for fuel injected also.

Thanks for your input guys, I see Marvel Mystery oil mentioned several times, I will have to check into that.

Thanks again!

Old school trick. A quart of auto tranny fluid in the gas tank. You will feel the difference in 5 miles. Put one in every time you notice a drop in gas millage. Works great for fuel injected also.

Old Dude, I rarely take advice from a Yooper! LOL - J/K, I have a lot of family from the UP, I love visiting up there. You have some cold winters but summer is amazing up there. Also, My Dodge(current build) came straight out of a barn located in Negaunee, MI.

I have heard of using tranny fluid in the gas, I have yet to try it, Kinda forgot about it to be honest. I will have to check into that as well,

Keep the opinions coming,

OTD

Latest posts

Back