Quick Thanks.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tecster

Just a quick thanks I feel is in order, I'm on several forums for rat rods, hot rods and custom cars/trucks and fabricating and always get **** for the questions I ask, and topics I start and comments I make but this one...boy this one is great. I am new here, I am sure I'm asking dumb questions but not a single person yet has made a big deal, made a arrogant comment or even said anything disrespectful. I like that, and I really appreciate the help everyones been giving me along with the kind words on my build thread.

Big thanks to Broke Down for helping me out with my air ride questions, I sure will be attempting to make it a sticky becuase I am asking very basic, newbie questions in which I'm sure people can benefit from.

We're saving up all of our hostility and are going to all jump on you at one time ! :eek: No, this is one of the nicest, friendliest forums out there with a lot of mutual respect for one another. Even whe we disagree on something it rarely gets very heated.

Don

I agree, this is what hooked me on this site.

Tecster, if needed I can give you my phone number if you need to go more in depth with your ideas then you can post what you have learned. I used to chop trucks at night and work/manage a fab shop in the day. My fiance' hated only seeing me when I was sleeping so I slowed down...lol. I like the hot rod/rat rod/old school guys better than the car show guys. The new age guys seem to worry about looks and who is better, everyone on here seem to worry about working on their ride and driving it even more. These are the people I want to meet and learn from. Thanks guys!

I agree, this is what hooked me on this site.

Tecster, if needed I can give you my phone number if you need to go more in depth with your ideas then you can post what you have learned. I used to chop trucks at night and work/manage a fab shop in the day. My fiance' hated only seeing me when I was sleeping so I slowed down...lol. I like the hot rod/rat rod/old school guys better than the car show guys. The new age guys seem to worry about looks and who is better, everyone on here seem to worry about working on their ride and driving it even more. These are the people I want to meet and learn from. Thanks guys!

I wish you lived close, I have a feeling I will need some help notching the frame and doing some fab work in which I just don't have the skills for yet and I will have to do some trial and error at best.

I am starting to understand the air suspension, and I believe that I know what I'm going to be doing for 4 link and I don't think I'm going to purchase a kit, I believe I'm going to attempt to make one. Any advice on that, would help - again for me budget and safety is key - I don't need my girl driving it one day and a bag blow out or something and her lose control and crash.

???????????????

it's ok to ask questions, early on here l asked some that the old timers thought were just weird.

it's how we learn, asking stuff and how stuff works,...

Later :cool:

This is a fine place to be

Like the Tripper said: A place for people to talk about rusted old cars, hot rods, bikes or what ever! Be nice. I Promise... it's not that hard!!!

Don't charge in like General Custer and you will be alright.

watch out for Don...he's very irritable from 3:25am until 5:15 am...don't ask him anything!:eek:.....Just messin... no one here shows any disrespect....ask away... if you don't ask, you don't learn!:D

I agree, this is what hooked me on this

I agree also. Great people and helped so much more than any of the other forums.

If you do sticky it it would be great. I am in the same boat learning how to do a notch and such to bag the back end of my truck.

Only advice I can give is dont say(whispering) "body drop" in here.

Good luck with the build.

I agree, this is what hooked me on this

I agree also. Great people and helped so much more than any of the other forums.

If you do sticky it it would be great. I am in the same boat learning how to do a notch and such to bag the back end of my truck.

Only advice I can give is dont say(whispering) "body drop" in here.

Good luck with the build.

Haha thanks my friend, good luck to you as well - I've been speaking with Duke quite frequently today (been on a 16 hour shift sitting in front of a computer) and I don't want to lay frame. I want to lower her, but not slam. As cool as it would be, maybe in the future - right now I'm going the cheap route - removed a few rear leaves and plan to do the same in the front.

Glad you found the site, I know I am. Even if you have nothing to offer other than cat pics you're still welcome here ;)
And, there is nothing wrong with going the "economical" route, as long as it's safe. That's the most important part of the build.

Just a quick thanks I feel is in order, I'm on several forums for rat rods, hot rods and custom cars/trucks and fabricating and always get **** for the questions I ask, and topics I start and comments I make but this one...boy this one is great. I am new here, I am sure I'm asking dumb questions but not a single person yet has made a big deal, made a arrogant comment or even said anything disrespectful. I like that, and I really appreciate the help everyones been giving me along with the kind words on my build thread.

Guess you haven't met our mascot, Toad! :eek:

Beercan

dead animal in the offroad area

offroadrolls I think the only way to get a heated discussion around here is to start a thread about Jesse James........oops I did it again....oh wait this isn't a new thread, just a post

ya did now[ddd are we gonna beat that dead horse again:confused:

horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse -horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse---horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse -horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse---horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse----horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-

Later :eek:

offroadrolls I think the only way to get a heated discussion around here is to start a thread about Jesse James........oops I did it again....oh wait this isn't a new thread, just a post

ya did now[ddd are we gonna beat that dead horse again:confused:

horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse -horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse---horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse -horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse--horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse---horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse----horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-horse-

Later :eek:
I knew you've been itchin to hit your dead horse key again!

Yeah, even I am nice on here most of the time. Well, some of the time. Actually I was nice maybe twice. But still I concur, it's the best forum on the net, even if I don't contribute that much to the nice factor.

Glad you found the site, I know I am. Even if you have nothing to offer other than cat pics you're still welcome here ;)
And, there is nothing wrong with going the "economical" route, as long as it's safe. That's the most important part of the build.

Safety is definately key with these older sitting cars, any advice of things I should keep in mind and or look into for my current truck?

Previous owner replaced all brake lines, I'm replacing all brake hardware and shoes and I am also putting a new master cylinder in there.

Latest posts

Back