Quote from Speed Vision at BJ auction....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
Best quote from Speed at the Barrett Jackson auction regarding a car (don't remember exactly what is was Vette maybe??) that was bought brand new and put away with only 5 miles on it. "That's like being married to a supermodel and not touching her because you're saving her for the next guy". LMAO! [cl [cl [cl

I never could understand that but I think it only worked for just a very few cars. Any Hemi powered car, a Superbird or something like that but I can't imagine owning a car like that and not every really driving it. Or a supermodel for that matter! [ddd

Toad

:D [cl[cl[cl :D

for sale: an old musclecar (your favorite brand here) driven hard, put up wet, raced every stinkin time i had half a chance... millions of hard miles.... nope - not much of a sales pitch [ddev

but that is the way i'd have treated a muscle car...can't say about the supermodel...;)

A Viper just went across the block at BJ a week or so ago and it had almost no miles on it. I bet the guy thought he was saving it and going to make a fortune on it. I forget the money it went for but it was a lot less than what it sold for new and the original owner got no enjoyment out of it in all those years.

Cars are made to use and abuse...........and enjoy. :D

Don

Cars are made to use and abuse...........and enjoy. :D

I'll second that & am an active supporter of that idea! I can *never* keep anything stock & it would just be a waste for me to buy anything "numbers matching"... not in my DNA!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Latest posts

Back