Race car inspired Model A coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that John. That's a really neat car with some nice details. That's my favorite style to to see an early 30's car finished in.

I was just checking this car out again. I like that it still sits on on model A chassis. And are those torque tubes being used for the side exhaust pipes? The more I study this car, the more I like it. Do you have any interior shots?

Sidepipes & tail lights

I like it too... I like the side pipes & the tail light treatment! Nice details!

BoB

I was just checking this car out again. I like that it still sits on on model A chassis. And are those torque tubes being used for the side exhaust pipes? The more I study this car, the more I like it. Do you have any interior shots?

I forgot to get an interior shot, but it was basic. Clean, but unupholstered doors, plywood floor, small bench seat upholstered with an indian blanket, Bell 4 spoke steering wheel on a Shroeder sprint car box. The back window and the two quarter windows had 1/2" hardware cloth screens instead of glass.

The exhaust side pipes appeared to be made from old torque tubes. The rear axle had a quickchange center section.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to chat with the owner.

1977 vega wagon

it is a 355 steel crankshaft 4 bolt block 12:1 speed pro race pistons, eagle connecting rods, Crane all hydrolic roller lifters, Crane pushrods, cam lift is intake .539 exhaust .558, steal heads 202 194 now about 450hp. Working on nitrous bigshot system 200-400shot. Rear end is 488 spool.

good eye, certainly looks like 'em to me.

Latest posts

Back