Radiator Help?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49 Ford Rat

where do you guys buy your new radiators from? online?

I would also like to know if the size of the radiator matters much, can i get a smaller than stock radiator in my 49 ford f-1 with a 226 straight 6 engine?

Help is greatly appeciated

Speedways sells plenty of radiators and the service & price is hard to beat. I'm sure you can get a much smaller modern aluminum radiator if you need to.

Alot of guys use '66 Mustang radiators in their rods b/c of the small size. They will cool a stock 302 just fine, so should be able to handle your 226.

www.speedwaymotors.com

Alot of guys use '66 Mustang radiators in their rods b/c of the small size. They will cool a stock 302 just fine, so should be able to handle your 226.

www.speedwaymotors.com

Look and see if you have a local radiator shop that carries decently priced radiators.

That is what I did on our coupe. We are running a 66 Mustang radiator and had the shop hot tank it to get all the shiney new black paint of it so it looks aged....

Now I just need to do something with the black electric fan.....

But it cools our SBC 350 fine.

And it helps put money in a local shop..... if you have one.

Cheers
RustyNCA

IMG00145-20100810-1429.jpg

http://www.championradiators.com/

I just bought a complete setup for my 50 rat. Aluminum radiator, aluminum shroud and 16" fan. 399.00 total.

I talked to the guy for a while and he was really helpful. Told him the area I had to work with and some issues with fit that I might have. They carry tons of them in stock and he found one that should work great. I was not going to spend 500.00 just for a radiator and found this guy on ebay after I found someone on here or Killbillet suggesting him.

I've really become a fan of aluminum radiators in recent years, and PRC is the brand we have been using. Nice people to work with, great product, and the radiators are VERY efficient. I could never get my 23 to go over 170 even with a 192 thermostat.

If you buy an aluminum radiator make sure it is tig welded not epoxied together. The tigged ones can be fixed, the epoxied ones are throwaways.

Don

Latest posts

Back