Radiator mounting?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim...Ok

I just bought one of these ebay radiators for my truck project..How are you guys mountings similiar radiators? I'm thinking steel frame mounted uprights then drilling thru the 4 tabs on the sides and bolting thru with rubber washers between the two..Do you think this will isolate enough of of the vibrations from getting to the radiator? I don't want it shaking itself apart..

thanks,
Tim
highboyradiator.jpg

I used 2 pieces of 1x1 tubing for mine - welded them to my core support then drilled and tapped the holes in the uprights and it seemed to work pretty good

Attachments

• 215535_1893795576986_1004436880_2173210_8257665_n.jpg
    215535_1893795576986_1004436880_2173210_8257665_n.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 70
Thats how I did mine, except my radiator had a flange that I used, it had the tabs but i chose not to use them... I will most likly cut them off...

I made a tube structure to support the radiator then made some tabs off of that... I used grommets to go through the radiator rather than rubber washers so that it is fully isolated, I also made a cradle on the bottom that I lined with rubber...

Mine had those lower tabs like yours does.. I already cut those off, the seamed flimsy.. one was bent bad straight from the box...

8701a3dd.jpg

09698dbc.jpg

Mine is mounted only with two bolts, one on each side of those bottom plates, through the frame. I have a thick rubber pad under each side, and I left the bolt just snug, not real tight, so there is some room for vibration. I then have two support rods that go from the radiator to my firewall, just like Ford did it originally.

The radiator on my 23 has been done that way for over 20 years with no problems.

Don

I just bought one of these ebay radiators for my truck project..How are you guys mountings similiar radiators? I'm thinking steel frame mounted uprights then drilling thru the 4 tabs on the sides and bolting thru with rubber washers between the two..Do you think this will isolate enough of of the vibrations from getting to the radiator? I don't want it shaking itself apart..

thanks,
Tim
highboyradiator.jpg

have you had a chance to run your radiator? i was also looking at a couple on ebay and they looked to be pretty decent quality and wanted to hear from someone that tried one. which company did you go with?
thanks Shockley

Latest posts

Back