Ran across a couple of old Ford trucks today.............

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evintho

Banned
'33-'34? and a '51. They're 'for sale'. Guy wants $500 each but I'll bet you could get 'em for $300. He lives in a dilapidated trailer on a deer camp property and he's moving. I grabbed the headlights and bar off the '33 after taking the pics. Just thought I'd post 'em up here in case anyone is interested. BTW, not mine! I answered a craigslist ad for tools and spotted them in the back.

P7060036.jpg

P7060037.jpg

P7060038.jpg

P7060041.jpg

P7060042.jpg

P7060039.jpg

P7060040.jpg

Dude... u should nab that 1st truck!!! Those cabs are hard to find & make beautiful rods! Plus... that sucker has great patina!!!

BoB

No brainer is an understatement.........go back immediately and grab that first one.:) Like Bob said, those cabs make great rods and $ 300 or $ 500 is a steal. Doors alone go for more than that.

Don

Yes, the first one is a real deal, and a keeper. Interesting that it has a WWII army truck bed on it. It means it was running well into the late 40's/ early 50's.

No brainer is an understatement.........go back immediately and grab that first one.:) Like Bob said, those cabs make great rods and $ 300 or $ 500 is a steal. Doors alone go for more than that.

Don's right! I've seen those cabs go for around $1,500 up and would love to have one myself! Shame the hood and grill are missing!

Beercan

500 is a steal, I know a guy around here.. (IL area which tin cost much more here then other parts of the country), anyway he paid 3500 for a 34 cab, looks to be about the same shape

Every year at Turkey Run we dig through the swap meet area trying to find a decent 32-34 cab. Most of the ones that do show up are all rusted out and in the $ 2500-$3500 range and sometimes don't even have doors.

I would jump on that one for $ 500 before he changes his mind.

Don

UPDATE:
Well, I almost had it! Long story but the short version is the guy who was selling it, didn't own it! I've talked to the real owner and they're definitely not for sale. I can tell you this much, the '34 is probably gonna rot into the ground! Darn shame!

Latest posts

Back