Rat Rod Welding Rig???? Anyone??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wampler234

I have a 48 dodge that im working on and it has no bed or anything just a plain ol daully... trying to think of some ideas on where to go with it, i was just wondering if anyone has ever went and made a rat rod welding rig... i have pics of it on a thread i posted. Let me know your ideas and see some pictures guys.

I'll see if I can get some pictures, a buddy of mine has used a '67 C10 (not nessissarily a rat rod perse) pretty rough finish, flat black with a white top. He has stuck an old generator welder in the back of it, and uses it for his welding business. If I can scrounge a picture of it I will.

Would the welder be for just looks, or functional if you did this?

Here are some old trucks with welders on them, maybe not real rats....
DSCN6885.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

1946-1968-dodge-power-wagon-191.jpg

There is an old truck around here ,dont know if its an early Powerwagon or what, very straight cab on it,got a welder on the back and painted in red oxide primer,looks really cool.

That is a really neat idea. I have an old Lincoln welder powered with a Wisconsin 4 cylinder hand crank start that could go on something hot rod/ rat rod appropriate. Hummmm...I need another project like I need a hole in my head. But this is sounding kind of cool, and functional. Just maybe!!

i do alot of welder work and i would make it totaly functional!!! That ole dodge is just what i have too... sweet im open for some more ideas and pictures... my idea is looking alot better to me really

Latest posts

Back