rear end arms

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnite kid

has anyone here done or seen a chevy trailing arm supporting the rearend and added air ride to it:confused:it is heavey duty enough 4 a chevy pickup so why not a car slammed to the ground.would like to hear some ideas and what you think

I know I've seen the truck arm style bars used on a build or two here, just can't remember where (CRS:() The stock Chevy arms are plenty strong, just toss the springs and mount bags. Nascar still uses the truck arm suspension to this day so you know it is strong. The biggest problem with the design is routing the exhaust around the arms so it doesn't hit anywhere.

Like zzrodder stated, they are strong. The front bushings are large so they dampen road vibration. Hard to find clean ones in a junkyard around here anymore. I put a pair, using Corvair coil springs, in a Model A sedan 30 years ago. It has had a ton of driving by the guy I sold it to and still has the exact same setup. Someone makes reproduction arms, but I can't recall the company. Should work good with bags.

Latest posts

Back