rebuilding a homebuilt sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on the chassis. Front spring looks heavy duty! I count nine leafs? On the rear of the wishbones did you have to tapper the hole? Always wondered what people do with custom mounts and tie rod ends like that.

Keep up the nice work...will be watching this closely.[cl

-Troy

when i got the spring in i thought it was super heavy duty. but it has some give to it. i can bounce on it and it deflects an inch or so easily. so i figured i would drive on and see how it works, maybe pull some leaves out if need be.

as for the tie rod ends and mounts. the mount is .5 thick. ans reamed at 7* to fit the the ford end.

thanks for the compliments

i got this customer to buy the sedan body i just brought back, so he wanted it chopped 7 inches so thats what i have been working for the last two days. left only took 3 inches out of the back window. here are a ton of pics, even some action shots of me working which dont happen often lol

DSCN4732.jpg

DSCN4734.jpg

removing the rear window
DSCN4737.jpg

DSCN4740.jpg

working on the rest of the chop
DSCN4742.jpg

DSCN4745.jpg

roof removed
DSCN4748.jpg

DSCN4749.jpg

roof set back in place for a look
DSCN4750.jpg

DSCN4752.jpg

fitting and tacking the roof back on
DSCN4756.jpg

you can see the curled relief cut, that makes it nice, as it shrinks the corner a little to make it fit back up better
DSCN4757.jpg

DSCN4759.jpg

DSCN4760.jpg

DSCN4765.jpg

rear window cleco'd in place for final fitment
DSCN4772.jpg

DSCN4774.jpg

Nice!

Looking good Mike ! Glad you found a buyer for that body![cl
New thing for me to see the curve cut in the top,but makes sense![;)
Had a blast at Pumpkin run and your party too! Next year will be even better.......Can't wait![cl

Keep us posted on the progress...NO slacking![P

Nice job on the chop, that curved relief cut is a neat solution to avoid getting a lump at the end of the cut. [cl Of course you realize we're all going to hijack your idea now :rolleyes:

I know that I'm a new guy here, but...

Nice use of PPE. Please remember you are posting pics on a public forum for all to see. As a business with insurance, hopefully. I'm sure your insurance guy would love that.

I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk, but welding gloves and leather jackets exist for a reason.

when i actually weld i wear gloves, and a welding jacket. when i tack up a chop i usually dont due to the fact i do a couple tacks then walk away for a while. i get really tired of taking my jacket off and back on. i should be more concerned about the uv rays, but something will get me some day lol. on another note at lease ther are some pics of me wearing my face shield lol

Hey Cornfield!!! Long time no talk to. How you been? Looks like your still busy...I dig your work. This coming spring i have a couple races to go to in Ohio (sand drags) maybe i'll swing in. Hopen that my semi will be road worthy for that long of a haul by then. Keep up the great work.

made some progress on the chop today, worked on pie cutting the doors and wind openings. here are some pics

DSCN4781.jpg

DSCN4783.jpg

DSCN4786.jpg

DSCN4787.jpg

DSCN4796.jpg

DSCN4797.jpg

to get more visibility, i sectioned the header panel.

DSCN4788.jpg

DSCN4789.jpg

DSCN4791.jpg

DSCN4793.jpg

Latest posts

Back