Red head lights

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thigh19

Back in the day a lot of the old school Gassers used colored head lights. A common one is GE4433r, (red) but that shows unavailable. Does anyone know where red head lights can be found? I've heard of people using red translucent paint but I question the durability.

there is a wagner 4433r on e-bay at 35.00 with 2 bids
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAGNER-RED-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1dec1c7a&vxp=mtr

i have seen window tint on headlights before and seems to stay ok. you could do the old cover trick, we used to get the chrome half covers and polish the back side real good to make the lights look chrome, get the covers and paint them red , that way you still had clear lights for night driving.

Colored head lights are a snap. First go to a well equiped music shop and get some light gels (they are the filter they use on super hot stage lighting), The pick up some light weight plexyglass. If you use standard round headlights, just trim to fit. If your lights are Square or realy domed than heat the plexy up with a heat gun or hang it in the oven from the rack [don't lay it flat] at 300 deg. cover the light with felt and when the plexy is soft you can stretch it over the light to take the shape. The gels are like thick celophane so they are not as hard to take a shape you cal heat them too but the line between soft and burn is very finite and they have to get over 550 deg to even become soft. make a couple of extra light covers, plexy and road debris don't play well. and if you don't use them someone will want to buy your set for their ride. I use this trick for alot of stuff like guage panels, tail lights, courtusy lights and anything else I want a smooth and clear cover over. I made a nice old school dragster scoop out of tinted plexy once. when to the cruise in and a guy gave me a cool hundred and his hillborn scoop for it when he saw it on my car

Latest posts

Back