Reduction Gear Starter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny1

Callin' him Tiny is like callin' Dirty Harry a bea
I put a reduction gear starter on my truck a couple days ago. And now when i Stand on the gas at take off the starter drive slams into the flywheel making a terrible racket. Has anyone had this problem before ? I've searched google and came up with nothing so far.

I bet the rebuilder didn't put the hold off/return spring in. Take it off and see if the gear flops back N forth.

PA41

I bet the rebuilder didn't put the hold off/return spring in. Take it off and see if the gear flops back N forth.

PA41

Spring is what I was thinking too, but wasn't sure enough to speak out. If it is there it must be broke or weak.

Its hard to pull out. It may be the spring doesn't feel weak but could be. I know it sound bad when it hits the flywheel scared me when it did it thought i may have stuck my fooot too deep in the 350:) I got another one this evening going to try it tomorrow thanks for the help guys

Tiny,
Face it, you just need to let me come take that thing off your hands...Keep the motor and tranny...I won't even charge you gas to come from Montgomery......

LOL...you know Im joking...

Tiny,
Face it, you just need to let me come take that thing off your hands...Keep the motor and tranny...I won't even charge you gas to come from Montgomery......

LOL...you know Im joking...

lol Flat I was almost ready last week i broke a vavle spring and had to get put a set on. They i got it running again lol

Latest posts

Back