removing rusted suspension and body nuts and bolts without air tools?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, usually I just apply tons of force until something breaks (hopefully the bolt) and replace them with new bolts. On other things I have used a torch with great success. Usually heating something up until it glows a nice cherry color makes for ease of removal. I once removed a stubborn ball joint with this method, I tried everything else and since it was a tapered shaft cutting it off wasn't an option. After heating up the ball joint nice and red a few quick taps with the hammer was all it took.

cheater bar to break them or a hammer and chisel..... maybe a hammer and chisel afterwords anyway to remove whats left of the bolt. Just pray you dont run into nutplates on the other side like i did, they like to spin when the get old......

cool i finally got to taking the truck apart i will have pic tomorrow and finally an update on my build thread. hopefully i can get the suspension and bed off today.

Latest posts

Back