Return From The Abyss

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceR&C

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
OK, not exactly the abyss. The last month has been a tough time in my household. On Dec 10 my mom was put in ICU & I flew to MD on the 12th. She got out of ICU on the 21st & we all thought it was OK to get home for Christmas. Came back to KY on the 24th. My sister called on Christmas Day to let me know that Mom had basically relapsed to where she had been while in ICU. On the 26th sis told me the doctors said it was only a matter of time. On Dec 27th my Mom passed away. Went back to MD to help w/ arrangements & funeral. Between me & my Sister, we have spent most of the last month getting all the things taken care of. Which has left little time for other stuff.
Logged in a while ago & finally got done kinda catching up on stuff.

Man I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know its a lot of work traveling from state to state to take care of things. Ive done it once with my grandfather.

sorry to hear of your loss, we'll remember you and your family in our prayers......
if we can help out in any other way just let us know......

Sorry to hear that! Same sorta thing happen to my 45 year old cousin. Real pretty girl... went in... all seemed fine & had a relapse on Christmas day... went back in & died 2 weeks later! Glad u're back & I know what that's like. My parents were divorced & remarried & I had to bury all 4 of them! The worst part for me is going through all their personal possessions. You have my sympathies!!!

BoB

I am afraid many of us here are around that age. You get to the point where you realize your parents will not be around forever.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I am afraid many of us here are around that age. You get to the point where you realize your parents will not be around forever.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Yea, my Dad is in assited living and my Mom is getting pretty fragile...you never know when your going to get the call.

Bruce..you have my condolences. I know you will miss her very much. I will pray for you and your family. Hang in there, and know that your buddies here are thinking of you.
Fuzz

Yo BRC-- The 'Abyss' is a proper definition for that loss. I've looked over that edge in a similar situation. It's both enlightening and humbling. The loss never goes away, but you DO get accustomed to it and you get a perspective that can have some deep, lasting benifits. You can become better than You've ever been--wouldn't she be pleased?

I am sorry for your loss--you can find peace in it.

PA

Thanks for all the thoughts. Still not completely back to myself yet. Me & my sis are still dealing with the BS that goes with this. Tho there is a strange & surreal upside to all this,,,,I found out that I have a half-sister in NM that is 2 yrs older. Have made contact with her & am planning to meet her in the near future.

Latest posts

Back