Rims question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger Truck with a V6 in it. It has 5 lug rims and I was wondering if I could 4 lug rims in back.It will remain stock motor and trans wise.I recall years ago that someone made change over kits and wondered it anyone knows if there still made and where I might obtain them. Any info you can give will help.

go to ebay and look for wheel adapters, with dia of both lug patterns. 5 on 41/2 (i think thats the 5 bolt ranger) to 4 on what ever you working with.. some makes just about any thing to any thing
good luck

You might have a hard time finding 5 lug to 4 lug. Just cause 5 lugs handle more load then 4 lug so it'll be tough to find someone willing.
Not say they aren't out there. I had adapters for my dully and now have 5 lug adapters for my rat.

Last edited:
What im trying to do is put wider tires on the back and all I have is a set of 4 lug rims and in trying to avoid buying another set of rims.Just cheapness on my part.

You could buy a set of 5 on 4.5" bolt circle wheels cheaper than you can buy a set of decent adapters.
Don't spend a dollar to save a dime. :rolleyes:

Besides, 5 lug wheels look much better than 4 and they are stonger as well...

You could buy a set of 5 on 4.5" bolt circle wheels cheaper than you can buy a set of decent adapters.
Don't spend a dollar to save a dime. :rolleyes:

Besides, 5 lug wheels look much better than 4 and they are stonger as well...

Agreed. My adapters cost about 120 a piece. Unless your running some fancy rims with spinners or something, it should be cheaper to fins the rims that fit. Just check back spacing so that it's the same as your current ones.
Heck, research what the dimensions are of your current rims, then find out what car use those rims and head to the junk yard. Id bet less then $20 a piece there. Then wait for a sale, junk yards always have sales, and you can get them even cheaper.

Good advice here

Id say the four lug idea is a no starter! The posters to your query are all correct, get the right wheels, sell the other ones!

Latest posts

Back