roadster doors

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodyman101

I have a roadster body, but i dont have any doors... what do i do, i know they sell the door shells, but is that enough to make a door? if you have any advice or suggestions please lay upon your rat rod know how!

What year and make? If it is a Ford, Brookville Roadster sells brand new repops for most of them. They are complete. Not cheap, maybe $ 500 + each door (I forget, it's been two years since we bought their RPU body) but nice stuff and new.

Don

Just last night I saw several sellers of doors on ebay - go to vintage parts and type in keywords "rat rod" - then scroll thru...

Yes you need more than the door skins - you need a frame, hinges, handles - some of the original ones even used wood as part of the frame... It will be a lot of work and money to make it so doors will open (you would even have to make door jams on the body for the hinges and locking mechanism to bolt to) - cheaper and easier to make a it into a tub... You can incorporate door skins to give the illusion of doors... If you do make it a tub, channel the body over the frame so it will be easier to step into, you might want to consider this when you order your frame - Z it so the body section is lower...

Latest posts

Back