Rockcrawler from Maryland

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z28YJ

Gentlemen, I've been lurking here and doing a bit of studying for a while, so I figured I'd sign up and do an intro thread. I've been into rockcrawling for a long time, but I'm getting bored with it and looking for something else to build. So, I'm going to part out my jeep and build a little ratrod truck around my engine and transmission. Here are a few pics of my jeep.

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

n5736746_42448638_7867.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

I've still got the wife's stockish TJ to fourwheel with. The closest place to use my jeep is about a 200 mile trailer ride away, so it basically just sits in the garage most of the time. So its gonna go, in bits and pieces, and I'm going to use the engine in the rat project. I figure if it can smoke 42s, destroying some Cokers shouldn't be too hard.

Welcome, I know the feeling all too well, I sold my TJ a year ago. Same situation, any trail worth going to was a minimum 3.5 hour drive away, and trails being closed all over made it hard to get out as well.

Thanks, I'm not the best with the TIG, but I get better every time I use it. Here is a pic of the main junction of tubes in the center of the B pillar.
IMG_2556.jpg

And 4 42s, just starting to smoke.
img093.jpg

Welcome Z28YJ nice pics of your jeep thats a good looking cage you built
get some pics of your truck when you start what motor are you running

LT1. My brother used to work for Comp Cams, so its got a big cam and a really nice valvetrain... it revs pretty high. Ported and polished heads and intake, coil pack ignition conversion, and a 125 shot of nitrous. Stock bottom end. I'm hoping it should make for a fun street ride.

I'd like to build a 20s Ford truck. The plan is for a lowrider, with no top and a real short full rollcage, so it looks like a chopped top.

Hey Z28YJ

I am not much of a crawler fan but I do like the old Flatfender Jeeps. Maybe you can get an old Flatfender but keep it rusty and crusty...now that would be cool...:)
Welcome from the land of rust and crust (Upstate NY)
MikeC

Yeah, I used to have a 49 CJ2a. I've seen a few old flatfenders done up like ratrods and they do look pretty badass. I've gone back and forth on building myself a flatfender rat, but I'm looking for something different. I've been messing with jeeps for a long time now and I'm just looking for a change.

Welcome to RRR!

You don't want to burn off Cokers, you need to grind your own white walls to burn instead - LOTS cheaper!

Latest posts

Back