Rod not selling on ebay?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy26

I was wondering y you guys think this rod is not selling on ebay? 320741291274 item # .......... It is not mine, but i am building the same type of car and i would think i will have more then $6500 in it. I guess the question is there something wrong with this car that it is not selling that i should stay away from?

Well the right hand drive is certainly not going to help anything. That's going to scare off more than a few.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, but I'm going off of the description mostly b/c the pics are so crappy.

Other than that, constant economic bad news is keeping people out of the "toys" market. Tough time to sell something like this, b/c everyone else is selling and no one is buying.

Right hand drive, slab-ish dash, and rear wheels too far forward turn me off.

The car just doesn't do it for me. Maybe others feel the same.

Just another example of "yes you can but probably shouldn't have"! Why else would you build a right hand drive in the States? I saw that on eBay but was instantly turned off, plus it has to be dangerous as all get out to drive on the streets. :eek:

Toad

That, and he may have listed this thing several times, and everyone is tired of guessing what he wants for it and gave up. When I list something on Ebay, I start the bids at the very least I would take for the item. At least that gives folks an idea of what you are willing to take for it.Plus, right hand drive..naa

I'll put on my car appraiser hat for a minute and tell you what I see wrong.

The right hand steering as mentioned is a big problem for most buyers......it is just too "unusual" for them to want to own one. I have driven English sports cars with right hand steering, on US roads, and it is a bear to keep from hitting stuff and to judge where you are. Shifting a stick with your left hand is also strange to get used to.

BUT, the biggest problem I see with this car are the VERY CRAPPY pictures ! He couldn't have put up worse pictures if he tried ! If I am going to bid on a car I want to be able to see all the details closely so I can make as much of an educated decision as possible. There is no way with those lousy shots to determine anything about the car. With excellent digital cameras selling for as little as $ 50 bucks these days, there is no excuse for shots like those. Plus, he took pictures in the shade !

Presentation, presentation, presentation.............. This guy should never consider advertising as a profession. :D

Don

Right hand drive is an issue but not the largest to me.

Looking at the pics I see the right hand wheel does not point in the same direction as the left hand wheel.

The tail lights do not compliment the car, not the style the location.

The plate is in a dumb location as well.

The air cleaner looks like a hack job, note the welds.

Wrong distributor for the style of car. If you go with HEI hide it!

Pictures are not helping, no close ups of anything but the engine, which is boring.

Rear axle is too far forward.

If not bagged, (doesn't appear to be) it is to low to be driveable

Chop is wrong for this car, should be lower IMHO.

The dash is an abortion with no style at all. Just a flat piece of sheet metal with a few holes cut for the gauges.

While I am picking on the dash, the gear shift is weird, what is up with that.

Headers look dumb, why go into a square, they should flow better.

Also note in the pic with the goofy headers the radius rod looks to be a hack job.

To summarize:

Pics are terrible

Little imagination was used if this is a rat rod

No appeal to the traditional crowd

No appeal to the rat rod high roller

Craftsmanship is limited.

Appears to be thrown together to make a quick buck.

In the end a person wanting a finished rat rod, trad rod etc. is looking at this and seeing a ton of work to get it to the point where it might actually be cool.

Lastly, there are about a zillion better looking Fords that can be had for not much more than this.

Missed the description, it is bagged so maybe the ride height is okay. However, 3 speed tranny, that is a real issue. nobody wants a three speed, 4 speed or 5 or 6 would probably sell this car.

I would say based on description and the work that needs to be done, 3 - 4k max.

Huh.....I thought the reason it wasn't selling was the Ford motor[ddd

Relax guys....just kidding....hold the hate mail:D

Latest posts

Back