Rods N' Wheels - Discovery Channel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
they did a oringal 3 window 1932 ford and did mediocre work on it and then the ugliest tire & wheel combo l ever seen, throw those things away and put some real ones on it.

he paid $42,OOO, l would want my money back, it wasn't worth what he paid.

AND $27,OOO for Camaro that was leaking and maybe worth $22,OOO at most.

l would not let those guys near my stuff.

these guys are as bad as gas monkeys.

Later:cool:

I watched it for about 5 minutes and had to change it. Dumb as it gets. And as fake as it gets.

Enough already!

Once again a disapointing car show not only was it a bad show but the yuck yucking that goes on with the crazy cast of poor actors is so annoying.
Why can't we get a show that is made for the down to earth no reality super star viewers enough with the hey look at me car builder.
I would much rather spend my time viewing youtube homemade video's with real rat rodders doing what they love.

i can actually answer some of this. the show wants over the top money, quick work, crazy people and lots of drama. i know this first hand as i was approached by a couple reality shows last year about doing one on my shop. obviously i didnt make it. they didnt like that i am a one man shop, not bat **** crazy, humble, and pretty much drama free. they seemed very disappointed when i told them all i wanted to was work and be a real car guy

and yea that show was god awful

What Cornfield Customs is saying is absolutely true. There is one show on TV now, Graveyard Cars, and when he first applied to have his shop on the show he was turned down because they were too "serious" about working on cars, not enough drama. So he came back to them and the stupid, goofy stuff you now see on that show is what the Producers wanted to see. :mad:

TV is a bigger wasteland than ever, I feel stupid for even watching some of the car shows, but I do it to MAYBE catch a glimpse of some cool car or some good workmanship. There are a few shows that aren't too tainted yet, hope they never let them screw those up.

One I like is Chasing Classic Cars, Wayne doesn't do stupid stuff and the old cars are pretty neat. On the other side of the scale, they are even screwing up Overhaulin'. Much more silliness and they have that dumb girl on there who wouldn't know a fender from a steering wheel. I guess they felt they needed a cute girl on there, but everytime she says "Let's do this !" I want to throw something at the TV. At least Courtney knew a little about cars or was willing to try.

I kinda watch Wheeler Dealers, even though the guy who buys the cars is annoying. The tall mechanic guy does seem to know a few things and they let you see how the repairs are done, but the end of the show is dumb, where they fake someone actually buying the car.

This new show Rods N Wheels was unwatchable, except for me wanting to see the Deuce. What a phoney deal it was that they "just happened" to take it to the Bobs show and of course win first place. :rolleyes: I think there is another new show premiering tonight with the guy who was a crew chief for some racer, hope it is somewhat better than the rest.

No wonder the internet is so popular any more.

Don

"Formula" television - pure crap. :mad:

I liked the old build-off stuff Discovery used to do. Fake drama and obligatory deadlines aside, they were more about the machines and their builders than the "filler" BS. (That's what commercials are for.)

I for one, could care less what the dollar "value" is. I watch car stuff for the cars, not for shining examples of "fools and their money".

Ray Evernhams show Americarna

I've been waiting to watch this one. I'm a big coupe and coach modified fan and Ray has been scrounging around and buying up anything he can find with a real history.
He bought one of my uncles old coupes that was about down in the weeds. Think he paid 2500.00 for it on EBay. It had gone thru a few owners.
He was Jeff Gordon's crew chief back when Gordon was winning a lot.
It will probably be fake too, but at least he knows his stuff.
Think he's buying up and restoring the old sportsman/modified of Marty Robbins tonight.

i can actually answer some of this. the show wants over the top money, quick work, crazy people and lots of drama. i know this first hand as i was approached by a couple reality shows last year about doing one on my shop. obviously i didnt make it. they didnt like that i am a one man shop, not bat **** crazy, humble, and pretty much drama free. they seemed very disappointed when i told them all i wanted to was work and be a real car guy

and yea that show was god awful

I only watch TV when we go on vacation if it's available. We cut our cable in 1997 because of how f'd up it was back then. I see these teasers on what the shows are suppose to be and when it comes down to it they are all the same. It's about the personalities, their BS, drama and inability to maintain. Seeing what Mike does in his youtube videos is what I'd be interested in but lets face it, our society isn't interested in learning anything or seeing skill it's all about the baggage that someone brings to the table and this proves it. If it they really wanted to do something about building hot rods there'd be a film crew at Cornfield Customs. The sad part is these builders around the country sell themselves out for the fame when in "reality" they turn off the real people they are hoping to attract. I'd never take anything to anyone of the shops I've seen on TV because I'd be afraid that one of the dumb@$$'s on the show would touch my project.

Yeah, what is it with a deadline on every car build ? :confused: I can almost predict that when any show starts they will have a week or two to build it or else the world comes to an end. Really, really stupid.

I just did something I have been intending to do, I sent Wayne Carini an email and told him how much I like the show and PLEASE do not let the Producers start putting dumb stuff in there for effect. It is one of the few watchable shows on TV IMO.

http://www.f40.com/page.php?page=Meet_Wayne_Carini

Don

I kinda like that show with the skinny guy with a big mustache and a newsboy cap. He is at Corky Coker's a lot.
Overhaulin was barely tolerable with Courtney, and went downhill from there. I hate to say it but I kind of like Counting cars once in a while, except for that doosh horny Mike.

Like the rest of those shows....

they want them to be entertaining to the masses...not just to car guys..so they add the drama, the horseplay or the nonsense so that everyone can relate to it somehow....most of it is trash tv...that other new show...Reality Rides....I don't see it lasting long....it's dry (even for me) and they don't act like the three stooges all the time.....should have a REAL reality channel....with programming that is focused on specific topics without all the phony crap.....OK....I'm done...:D

I assume this is the show where the guy was all worried his Duece was gonna fall off the tow truck even though it was chained down like crazy? Watched less than a minute and couldn't take it.

Every show on cable has to have some BS drama or some fool waving his arms around yelling like Billy Mays. BAM BABY!!!

Makes me wish for the days of Jessie James and OCC. :rolleyes:

Like the rest of you, I can't sit down to watch the so called entertainment they throw at us! Kinda makes me miss the old Boyd Coddington show when it first came on. It wasn't bad, but then the drama started and downhill it went followed by the rest of them!

I like Counting cars better than Fast n load and Rodz n wheels made me glad I never had kids
CC seems to do complete builds not just put on rims, cut the springs, and brag about everything they do. I like cars/trucks and just take what I want from these shows and as long as I am in the house with the wife is counts as quality time which leads to more shop time.

Keep the cruddy shows comin. The more there are the easier itll be to get the wife to ditch cable. Costs too much and theres less and less worth watchin. I don't think there'll be many new car shows worth watching. Everybody wants drama instead of quality.

Found it interesting they pulled a supercharged small block ford to run a small block chevy with 6 old strombergs.

I sure couldn't tune my 6 strombergs the way they showed that old guy doing it...... and I know my strombergs never liked running with the frogs forward...

Wonder if the son really is that clueless about the mechanical side of a car?

Cheers
RustyNCA

Latest posts

Back