RRR and the hamb.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started on Kilbillet, found RRR from there - after KB killed my 34 Caddy thread for being 'off topic', I left in a huff and never went back. Used to go on Hotrodders.com but found RRR so much easier to navigate and besides, there are so many great people hanging out here. My builds always seem to end up shiny but I don't get vaporized for it..
Long live the triple R [cl

I had a post deleted at the hamb, my first time participating there. It said post a pic of your beater, I put up my truck and got an email about it not matching what they were looking for. Ass hats.. My trucks just as crapy as theirs. Just faster.

Does anyone know where 61Poncho hangs out now? I don't think he ever posted here but used to be on a lot of forums, great guy. I just never go to Hotrodders.com, too much of the adm. political stuff, also never go to Clubhotrod anymore, it seems more for the crayon box 32 roadster types. I pop into FTE once in a while if I'm needing info. I used to live on Fordification, was one of the first 20 members when Keith started it up. Then Keith got his panties in a wad over something I said on a site he was spying on and I parted ways.
I still check in at Tango's once in a while but there isn't much going on since we lost Tango. DennyW is keeping it up as sort of a memorial.

This is my #1 place for what I want to know for my car. Great members and solid info. Cars are a hobby not a full time job for me. While I understand the basics and how things work, the tips I get here are very helpful. Some of you guys are way outta my league in your skill level & experience but, there is none of that "better than thou" mess here.

The other place I go often is You Tube, looks of good DIY videos. I tend to learn faster when I see something vs. read something.

Last edited:
I don't belong to many forums. I like this one the best. I check what every one is doing here every day some times multiple times. I like how everyone tries to help each other, the info shared, the light hearted joking. I'll go on the hamb to see what's being built but since the changed the format I have a hard time getting around over there. this place is a lot friendlier and I feel like I belong here.

I'm on a few forums for the different vehicles I have like El Camino, Ranchero, station wagon etc.
The hearse/ambulance forum is pretty dead...so to speak because of FB.
I check out the HAMB as well, good information there and I like the threads for vehicles "sitting and rotting pictures" and "Vintage shots from days gone by". They have a little different view of rodding than I do but I can live with it.
Every forum is different with different rules and different personalities, some are more friendly than others. This forum is definitely at the top of my list, great members, the SVG to deal with troublemakers and of course zombie cats!

I'm only a member here and KB but check a few others for info once in a while. I've got the build thread going on both forums but kb is just copied from here on my posts. I about lost it over there when that forum change lost most of the pix that people had painstakingly posted and kept current and then boom they were gone...that really sucked! I'm still over there and I see some of you guys there once in a while too. RRR is so far the best I've found for tolerance and genuine helpful people abound over here. I'm thankful for being able to run ideas by some of you. The spread of different ideas and always helpful attitude around here really makes me feel like there is no better place to be for rods of all types. The talent lurking around here is amazing!!! Thanks for letting me in...

How does one "do" an emergency appendectomy ?

I was wondering that myself... :eek: I imagine that it starts with a bottle of Jack, something fairly sharp and maybe some good rock n roll.....

I started on the HAMB, then KB and found RRR. I go to V8Buick once in a while since most everything thing I own has a Buick in it. On a few other sites for Nova's and 4x4's but RRR is the only one I go to regularly. When I started seeing threads being closed on the HAMB for what appeared to be a difference in opinion about what a Hot Rod is, I stopped going there much. Now maybe a couple times a year ~ it's not worth the drama. When KB changed the site, it became difficult to navigate and when they killed ZZ Rodder's Caddy thread I was done. Some of the best workmanship on the site and they remove it for paint...[S RRR is by far the best out there.

First site I ever joined was stovebolt forums. A guy with a 64 c10 was curious about headers. I posted a few options and got yelled at in caps, HEADERS ARE FOR RACING! No ****!? People are extreme on some sites, so far I'm digging it here on RRR. Makes me want to put some steel rally's on my truck and flat black the whole thing again.

I was wondering that myself... :eek: I imagine that it starts with a bottle of Jack, something fairly sharp and maybe some good rock n roll.....

Just drive over to the old "emergency room" wait 7 hours and it comes out clean. [cl And no I've never known anyone doing a routine[cl appendectomy [S

I joined the hamb back in 2009, I use it for info, not real friendly for conversation. Not quite the car forums I've been used to over the years, but I do enjoy it for what it is. RRR is more the speed of what I'm used to & comfortable joining in...

I joined the HAMB years ago but the know-it-alls wear me out. I posted a pic of my dads sectioned 34 Ford truck and was told that it wasn't traditional and I shouldn't post stuff like that. I said that it was built in the 50's and is more traditional than most on the site. I haven't been on there in years. I like being here where no ones badmouths someones taste in their choice in car or truck.
Tim

I joined the HAMB years ago but the know-it-alls wear me out. I posted a pic of my dads sectioned 34 Ford truck and was told that it wasn't traditional and I shouldn't post stuff like that. I said that it was built in the 50's and is more traditional than most on the site.

Timbo, what I find funny is most of the know-it-alls on the pork weren't even alive when traditional rods were being built but are real quick to tell others what was up back then. I have no time for BS like that! Live and let live is still the best way to go!

Beercan

I go on the "other" rat forum, slant six forum, Hot Heads Hemi, turbo forum, and saturn forums to keep my daily drivers going. Also like the p15- d-24 forum.
most of the car shows are too hyped. Do like fast n loud, but wonder who really pays those kind of prices. Wonder if its real

I went on the hamb a few days ago. Waste of time IMHO. Nothing but flack and donkey holes. Even over the simplest questions, some people don't know cars and really need help on the basics and they just get bashed over there. ****es me off. I'm goin pork free. Thanks to snopro for posting about this site.

Latest posts

Back