RRR to Earth

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudbone40

Im wondering how many guys on here are running a vintage hot water heater? No, Im not talking about in your house Im talking about in your rod. I know there were some cool old heaters back in the day, everything from gas, water, and Iv’e even seen some under the seat heaters that used coal. Im for sure not an expert on these old works of art, but I can sure appreciate some of the older heaters and their art deco designs. Anyway Im posting pics of one I got from an online auction site, not going to mention any names here for fear of being banned. I know some of you guys are from a warmer climate than I am, and probably don’t know what a heater is, to you I wish I fit into that category, but unfortunately I don’t. Im going to put this little jewel in my wife’s 40 one of these days, It says Imperial hot water heater, and buy the way if you have any info on this critter, let me know, you guys love pics, so show us what you got.
Later,
my name is MUD.

I really like those old heaters. I know where there is a pile (literally a pile) and am going to start picking them up from time to time. The one you have there would look great in the living room.

I really like those old heaters. I know where there is a pile (literally a pile) and am going to start picking them up from time to time. The one you have there would look great in the living room.
Wish I knew where more were at, I search ebay for them, there getting hard to find for a decent price, but Im cheap ya know. I think I'll say somethin to the little lady about mountin this thing on the wall in the living room, maybe I can somehow plum it into the hotwater heater. Naa, think I'll just put in in her truck. :D:

Hey Mud, that's a sweet looking heater. I got one from ebay too, although not as nice as yours. Since I really don't need a heater in my climate and my Anglia seriously lacks space, I shelled it and hid my fuse box behind the cover. This is the best pic I have of it right now.

Cool heater!

Anyway Im posting pics of one I got from an online auction site, not going to mention any names here for fear of being banned.

Mud,
People don't get banned for stuff like that here! They get banned for being a jerk! I love those old heaters & have missed the boat on a couple myself. They really add a lot to a car or truck but haven't run across a coal fired version, guess that would be pretty stinky and dangerous! I love yours and can't wait to see how you use it! Great find!

ISore

I’ve considered picking one up.
There seems to be quite a few of them out there for sale and some really unique designs available.
I agree, the art deco look of these things is pretty cool.

Hey Mud, that's a sweet looking heater. I got one from ebay too, although not as nice as yours. Since I really don't need a heater in my climate and my Anglia seriously lacks space, I shelled it and hid my fuse box behind the cover. This is the best pic I have of it right now.

Man thats one mean looking anglia, and a cool way to use a heater too. I'd have to lose about 20 lbs. to fit in there.

2008_0307Johns0002.jpg

Hadees heater in my Model A. These were a popular aftermarket heater years ago.

Latest posts

Back