Rubber floor mat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
So since you guys are full of good info, I need to pick your brains. I want to cover my floor with a rubber mat. Now the question is where do I get one since my floor is home made? Can you buy a large piece of rubber and glue or rivet it down? I need some ideas. Thanks

Food for thought, but what about just spray it with bed liner. Its a rubberized coating and ive heard its a semi sound deadener. Just scuff the floor, and get all the dirt, dust, and loose particles out of it and then spray or roll it on. 50 bucks for a gallon (plenty enough to get a good coat on an entire truck bed) and it comes with the tray, roller, and scuff pad.

Wwaxzz 1!V hqw,m

And that last part was from my 8th month old, expressing his feelings towards the situation. :D

Last edited:
rubber coating.

I was thinking of using bed liner coating on the underside of my floor, I figured it woud be tough, sound deading, may cut down on the heat, and would seal it all off. One of the guys I work with did his bed with the roll on stuff, it worked pretty good but he could not get it as thick as the pro shops do, s-10 pick up bed he used a gallon when he did it.

Food for thought, but what about just spray it with bed liner. Its a rubberized coating and ive heard its a semi sound deadener. Just scuff the floor, and get all the dirt, dust, and loose particles out of it and then spray or roll it on. 50 bucks for a gallon (plenty enough to get a good coat on an entire truck bed) and it comes with the tray, roller, and scuff pad.

Wwaxzz 1!V hqw,m

And that last part was from my 8th month old, expressing his feelings towards the situation. :D

Tell him thanks for the advise. Its good to see he is getting involved in cars at such a young age!

Now my question is. With this stuff, does it melt? Will it become sticky inside of a cab. I know its gonna be hot in there. plus I am running exhaust under my cab??

I have rubber mat on the floor of both of my cars. I just used some runner material that I got from home depot. I didn't do the center hump though, just the flat parts of the floor. I don't know if you can see it in the photos. The material in my Anglia has finer grooves than the material in my coupe.

Tell him thanks for the advise. Its good to see he is getting involved in cars at such a young age!

Now my question is. With this stuff, does it melt? Will it become sticky inside of a cab. I know its gonna be hot in there. plus I am running exhaust under my cab??

Yeah grandparents got him a dump truck, first thing he did was try to rip the tires off.

If you are wondering if bed liner will melt, the answer is no. Its not really a rubber rubber like you think, just has a rubber feel. Im sure if you put flame straight to it then it would melt, but just normal heat, no.
The rubber mat would be alot easier cause you just lay it down. No i have no clue if it will melt or not. Probably not.

I know some of the cheaper no name type bed liners will get tacky when they are heated. But the name brands like Hippo, Hurculiner and the like work really well. The cheaper ones also have a tendancy to crack and chip once they are a couple years old. I used Hippoliner in my Jeep about 3 years ago and only has had one chip, and that was from a transfercase rolling around the back.

just a piece of advice, if you go with bedliner DONT use the spray on type!! its not as durable as the roll on type. also from my personal experience the spray starts to chip from heat

just a piece of advice, if you go with bedliner DONT use the spray on type!! its not as durable as the roll on type. also from my personal experience the spray starts to chip from heat

I've sprayed the roll on Herculiner in a Jeep tub 5 years ago and it is still holding up. I got a cheap undercoating gun and went to town after prepping the tub.

How about one of them rubber floor mats from a pickup bed?

I like bed liner and my bike is linered. here's a pic but I think one cut to fit would be better for sound deadening
Picture001-9.jpg

you can pick up a cheap bed matt and cut it to fit. I thought about bedliner but i like to change things to much and once you spray it thats it. Alot of cleaning just to rework the pan if ever needed.

i have been thinking about using the heavy sheet rubber material that roofers use,
and applying a heat gun to get it soft enough to conform to the floorboards contours.

Latest posts

Back