Rust converter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

So my body is quite rusty in places, esp inside rails where it used to connect to the orig frame. I need to put some kind of rust converter on areas that will halt the rust. It won't see the sun and I don't care how it looks. They sell cans of rust converter at the auto parts & hardware store that I've used in the past, and seems to work at least in the short term.

What is the advantage of POR vs. this stuff? I've heard so many bad things about POR (peeling off, degrades in sun, multi-step application process, can't sand it, etc). Anything wrong with just hitting these areas with rust converter and then topcoating to keep the moisture out?

Big "I",

If you can clean the area real good, got get a small can of "Herculiner" from the parts house and dab it on the area in question ant it will hault the rust in its traxx. The smallest can of herculiner I found was @ O'riley's and it was 40.00 bucks.

But it works.

Rust Arrestor by Insul-X available at Sherwin Williams Paint Stores is the best I've ever used. It's also a primer so you can paint over it if you want. It's great stuff! $54.00 a gallon but it'll last you a very long time. It's money well spent - believe me! I've done my entire cab with it and now it's solid.

Thunder

Latest posts

Back