Rusted out in Oregon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

Hello,

I’m not sure where, but a few months back I ran across a picture of a Rat Rod. It was a very odd feeling that came over me as I looked at the rusty, no doubt loud, piece of art with 4 wheels. I new right then I had to build one.

I picked up a 1942 Ford truck cab that I’ll work with. I rebuild a 84’ Mustang T-5 transmission to bolt behind a Flathead I’d like to use for the power plant (If I have enough money for it). There’s a Ford 8.8 differential in my living room I just narrowed that’s waiting for a new axle for the shortened side.

The truck is a sort of a tribute to my father and grandfather who started a garage in Oregon back in 1942.

Over and out,

Sid

Last edited:
My wife keeps asking me why I don't run the dishwasher. She quit asking after this.

degrease.jpg

Sid

Welcome!

Sid,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!! :D:D:D

BoB

My wife keeps asking me why I don't run the dishwasher. She quit asking after this.

Now that's funny sid! Did you put solvent in the soap dispenser? I can see already that we're going to enjoy having you here! Those rat-bites are quit infectious and addictive, aren't they?!?

Just an idea-maybe you could put the name/logo of your pops & grandpops shop on the door of your 42?

I did use an engine degreaser in the dishwasher. Ya, it was funny but my wife didn't see the humor it.

Yes, I was going to try and paint on the "Bland's Garage" lettering on the side of the truck and try to make it look as worn as the paint that's already on there.

Sid

Here's a picture of the garage back in the early days.

0006.jpg

Sid

Here's another picture of the garage back in 44' and a piece of artwork my aunt did in 45'. It doesn't look like much was going on then, other than WWII. I've been hounding my older siblings on information about the garage and trying to round up more pictures.

0005.jpg
0001.jpg

I remember as a youngster hanging out down there as my father assisted my older brothers in building many of their rigs, something I missed out on when I finally got into my teens.

Unfortunately back in the mid 80s' the department of transportation decided they needed to widen the road and tore the building down.

Sid

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR, sid. Great you are keeping your dad & grandfathers memories alive via the truck.:):)

Latest posts

Back