Rustoleum paint

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
Hey here is a question?? I have been told in the past to buy rustoleum paint in the gallon can for a quick easy paint job. Now my question is how does that stuff hold up around heat? Im thinking it gets pretty warm near the firewall, I dont want this stuff to melt off or anything. any ideas?

No worries with that. I have even painted engines with rustoleum before and had good results, much less firewalls. Besides, if your firewall gets hot enough to melt any sort of paint then your problems are much worse than that...

Rustoleum makes a very durable paint! Just ask my Dad after I decided to repaint the aluminum siding on our house from light tan to Fire Engine red when I was 5 or 6!! :eek: Yes Sir, a very durable paint! :D

Thunder1

I use rustoleum on all my projects. As stated before, it holds up very well. Be sure to use acetone to thin it for spraying. Other thinners ruin the integrety of the paint and it will deteriorate quickly if you don't use acetone.
Fuzz

remember if you paint your rig with rustoleum and decide to re-do it all nice nice later on your gonna need to strip all of the rustoleum off. A normal automotive paint wont stick to rustoleum.

I painted our horse trailer with white industrial rustoleum. I cut the top off a gallon thinner can and put 32 oz. thinner and filled the rest up with paint and it sprayed well, weather conditions are key. The first time I painted it was on the humid side, which left it hazy. Scuffed it down and sprayed on a really good clear day and WOW what a difference, had a very good slick finish and shine.

Latest posts

Back