rustydusty project pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustydusty

Hi guys,
First pic is my 62 stude donor car. I have had this car for about 5 years. Installed a 66 vette 327 and a th350 with a B+M shift kit and floor shifter. I painted it with $15 dollars worth of rustoleum royal blue. The floorboards were rusting out really bad but it had a nice narrow boxed frame (stock) so I decided to remove the body, modify the chassis (shortened 16") and build my dream rod. Pictured also is the Stude with the front clip removed. I now have the coupe body channelled over the fame 4", grill shell, hood and headlights mounted and other odds and ends. Pics coming soon! I am using everything but the sqeall from the Studebaker as my working budget is almost 0!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
More photos!

Forgot to mention that my wife's unle gave me the 34 Chevy 3 window coupe body from an old late 50s-early 60s hotrod/drag car. The wood in the body is in pretty good shape so am only replacing with steel where the door hinges are.

34 chevy 3 window
75 sportster custom

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 32
Frankenstude...

Gotta use what iv'e got! the chevy frame was badly rusted and twisted from drag racing. I already had the 327, tranny and disc brakes all operational on the stude frame so the swap will be fairly easy.

Got the garage built!

Exciting news! Got my garage built! For Christmas my darling wife gave me a portable garage from Harbor Freight. I know most of you guys have great shops and garages but the house we are currently living does not. We are looking for another house now and I told my wife "I don't care what the house is like, that's your thing, but it's got to have at least a 2-car garage!" Meanwhile,this sure beats working outside with all the neighbors watching! In the garage is my 34 Chevy 3-window channelled over the 62 Studebaker frame. The grill leaves a bit to be desired but will have to do for now. Sorry guys but it's going to be hard to get decent build pics in such a confined space but I will do the best I can.

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg